Ali Express again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought various bits from AliExpress and have never had an issue. I've only bought small items though. For instance, I bought my Fermzilla Allrounder from a UK supplier, then all the peripheral bits for pressure fermenting from AE. It worked out cheaper that way.

It's not accurate. My delivery took 9 days and 10 days. According to the app it was still in the airport whilst I had installed it
Mine might be similar as it has been in UK airport for a few days. Wasn't expecting for a month so if it arrives that will be a bonus

Be aware that some items seem to be labeled as 'delivery in 10 days' and are as described.
Others do not mention this and seem to disappear into the 'old delivery system' and take an age to appear.
I'm not sure if there are fast track / ye olde track processes in place here.

I made a multi order a couple of weeks back from different suppliers, those who offered the 10 day service appeared on time or ahead, those who did not mention it are currently in transit.

Worth a check around suppliers to see who is offering the 10 day service 👍

I made a multi order a couple of weeks back from different suppliers, those who offered the 10 day service appeared on time or ahead, those who did not mention it are currently in transit.

Who did you order from out of interest? I tried Elecqueen for the first time a few weeks ago. Shipping a couple of days quicker than Kegland and they marked the value down suitably so as to not get hit with more taxes.

Pleasantly surprised. I ordered from kegland on 27th may and arrived about an hour ago. No additional charges.

IMG_20210605_140416.jpg

Who did you order from out of interest? I tried Elecqueen for the first time a few weeks ago. Shipping a couple of days quicker than Kegland and they marked the value down suitably so as to not get hit with more taxes.

@naturals it was non brewing stuff, led arrays for a wled project I'm working on.
All 10 day suppliers arrived at least on time, one other supplier has a delivery date of next month 😖

As I understand it VAT is applied at point of payment so no extra charges should be applied at customs, hence allowing for quicker deliveries.

Latest posts

Back