All Grain Graduation - Heat Source

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longhead23

Reaction score
Hello all, I have done a couple of kits and really enjoyed it, and the results. I want to progress to All-Grain Brewing and have SOME of the required equipment. I don't yet have a mash/lauter tun. I have a 37l stainless steel pot which is perfect, but I only have a ceramic hob, which I assume will not be up to the job.

What do most of you use as mash/lauter tuns? Do you all use gas camper stove type heaters? I don't have any budget left, so cheap (but reliable) is good

I would really appreciate your advice and recommendation on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all, I have done a couple of kits and really enjoyed it, and the results. I want to progress to All-Grain Brewing and have SOME of the required equipment. I don't yet have a mash/lauter tun. I have a 37l stainless steel pot which is perfect, but I only have a ceramic hob, which I assume will not be up to the job.

What do most of you use as mash/lauter tuns? Do you all use gas camper stove type heaters? I don't have any budget left, so cheap (but reliable) is good

Thanks in advance!

Have you thought about setting up a HERMS system then you’ll not need any heat source for the mash tun. Not sure what you have now in regards to HLT and boil kettle etc but it’s an idea worth looking at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance!
Induction for a 20L pot, and works nice at 2500-ish Watt. Buffalo have a 3 kW standalone, could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back