All in One cleaning and sanitising?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Food for thought in this thread: I may have the answer to the cause of occasional infections.

Brew days start with a run of some cold water through the pump to look for signs it hadn't been cleaned properly at the end of the previous sessions. Any bits or discolouration and it's out with the Chemclean or sodium percarbonate. When happy, it's mash time with recirculation with a high temperature at a mashout of 77c. It's off for the sparge and the boil.

So, when the cooled wort is pumped to the fermenter, the pump hasn't had any boiling liquid through it.
That's definitely a potential source, especially if it's not been flushed through with sanitiser.

Most AIO systems advise recirculating through the pump/cooler for 5 minutes at the end of the boil to sanitise them.

I clean down my brewzilla with PBW at 37C (just to make sure it's fully dissolved) and circulate it through the system for 30 mins at the end of each brewday. I then rinse with water and drain. At the start of the next brewday I do the same PBW wash and water rinse.

Latest posts

Back