Andy Gray sacked .....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
I don't see what all the fuss is about :whistle:

2jbsbrk.jpg

I heard she was upset before the game when she found out the other two were wearing the same as her :whistle: :lol:

What a couple of plonkers eh!

who leaked the video though?

Someone's got it in for him. Wonder if it has anything to do with gray sueing the notw over the phone hacking thing? Both sky and the paper are owned by one Rupert Murdoch!

jamesb said:

Someone's got it in for him.
I wondered that myself.

Thank goodness the replay showed she'd got it spot on - serves him right.

Lineswoman Sian Massey's new nickname is "Just For Men" . She was only used once, and now the Gray is gone!

jamesb said:

Someone's got it in for him. Wonder if it has anything to do with gray sueing the notw over the phone hacking thing? Both sky and the paper are owned by one Rupert Murdoch!
Agree, strange how an old video suddenly surfaced, the girl should have complained at the time.

ricardo said:
Wish somebody would pay me £1.7 million for being a prat........
:lol:
This. To those who complain about footballers' salaries, look at that! Bananas!

As it is Keys, interestingly, resigns. Almost like the Dark Lord Murdoch saw the conspiracy theories over Gray's suing of the NotW/his demise and thought well Keys needs to go now too but can't be sacked obviously... TIN FOIL HATS ON!

also, to be fair, overweight middle-aged skinhead football fan turns out to be a misogynist... who'd have thunk it?

always one for a balanced discussion ........... :whistle:

andygray3.jpg

jamesb said:

I like it i will take that as fact now!! :-)

If we're going to sack people because they once said something that someone has decided to find offensive then we're looking at 61million unemployed people on monday.

"We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodical fits of morality" - Lord Macauly 1831

jonewer said:
If we're going to sack people because they once said something that someone has decided to find offensive then we're looking at 61million unemployed people on monday.

"We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodical fits of morality" - Lord Macauly 1831

The daftest part about it, British humour for years has been smutty innnuendo, cheeky seaside postcard stuff, look at the Carry On Films, Frankie Howard etc the list could go on and on :roll:

Don't want to get into a debate about 'times have changed' but just sometimes things are said/done tongue in cheek, like my piccy at the start of this thread, very tongue in cheek certainly not meant/done to offend but no doubt someone somewhere would be offended by it, but thats just humour, puerile, childish, silly maybe, make you smile, hope so :idea:

Which reminds me the Old Anglers Arms Yuma Brew is going down a storm, no Myserhabul Ghyttes after a pint or two of that :lol: :cheers:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12138

Baz Chaz said:
jonewer said:

The daftest part about it, British humour for years has been smutty innnuendo, cheeky seaside postcard stuff, look at the Carry On Films, Frankie Howard etc the list could go on and on :roll:

Don't want to get into a debate about 'times have changed' but just sometimes things are said/done tongue in cheek, like my piccy at the start of this thread, very tongue in cheek certainly not meant/done to offend but no doubt someone somewhere would be offended by it, but thats just humour, puerile, childish, silly maybe, make you smile, hope so :idea:

Which reminds me the Old Anglers Arms Yuma Brew is going down a storm, no Myserhabul Ghyttes after a pint or two of that :lol: :cheers:

http://thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 21&t=12138

re: your comment about smutty innuendo, you're dead right, dont know if anyone here watches soccer am, they have the soccerette on every week not wearing much and they had a part of the show called 'georgies box' in reference to the stunning georgie thompson where the presenters we're killing themselves laughing at comments like 'im elbow deep in georgie's box'! double standards there from Sky eh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8I_SjZu584

I think time and place. Personally, I could see the humour in the original pic but it had little context, little to assure me that it was made in jest and was nought but a snipe at the vehemently held beliefs of a (hopefully increasing) minority of society.

As an aside, I love post-PC humour like Frankie Boyle, it's all in the delivery and the context. To have some fat lecherous oaf of a colleague ask for you to put a mic down their trousers is obviously offensive and not meant as intelligent satire on the "PC gone mad" state of British society in any way or form.

I often wonder if the people that go to see The Pub Landlord are the intended audience or the very people whom Al Murray seeks to take the mick out of.

jonewer said:

It isn't just about offence. Plenty have kept their jobs whilst causing offence, be it Clarkson, Boyle, or AA Gill calling Clare Balding a "dyke on a bike" whilst keeping his job, it's about the various standards we expect to be upheld in the public image. Misogyny is, whether you agree or not, far from widely accepted in Britain.

So we can't now comment on foreign people or the opposite sex? :wha:

Maybe some of these people should watch "Loose women" on tv to hear the way they slag men off.

When the last person without sin or judgement towards others in private leaves this over politicly correct country please turn the light out and bolt the door.

BB

Not a fan of those two but as said before NOTW / MURDOCH :(

murdoch.jpg

Latest posts

Back