Another homebrew store going under???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, thehomebrewcompany UK seem to have a sale on. I filled my basket this morning, came back to it a couple of hours later and found the prices had gone down by 10%. The shopfront has changed, too. I was a bit nervous about that so I called them and they say its kosher. A bag of Minch pale is at a very good price!!!!

Reactions: HSD
On the other hand, thehomebrewcompany UK seem to have a sale on. I filled my basket this morning, came back to it a couple of hours later and found the prices had gone down by 10%. The shopfront has changed, too. I was a bit nervous about that so I called them and they say its kosher. A bag of Minch pale is at a very good price!!!!
Yes had their sale email.

Funny this has come up, I was on their website last week looking for inspiration as to what beer kit to brew next and hardly anything seemed to be in stock. Was wondering if they'd been another run on stuff like when lockdown started but I guess not.

It's a shame as I've used them a few times and always had good service. Seemed like they were on the up and up as well.

Use a credit card if you do buy anything from them just in case!

Doesn’t look good at all, especially with them being the UK’s only KegKing retailer.

The message from Youngs is a bit rum IMO.

Where there is a commercial dispute, it's a well worn tactic for one company to present a winding up petition against the other to apply pressure to settle a debt. They usually go nowhere because, even if the petition goes to a court hearing, the alleged debtor can show they are sufficiently solvent to pay their debts or there is a genuine dispute over what is owed.

However, publicly insinuating that a business is insolvent is a whole new level. I hope Youngs can back up what they're saying else they can get themselves into a lot of trouble. I went on the Brew2bottle website and Youngs' statement that "stocks are at a minimum" or the "majority [of products] is out of stock" appears to be untrue.

I have no links at all to Brew2bottle but I do like to see fair dealing in business. Publicly calling them out like this is unnecessary.

Would be a shame, always had good service and very keen prices from them.

Where there is a commercial dispute, it's a well worn tactic for one company to present a winding up petition against the other to apply pressure to settle a debt. They usually go nowhere because, even if the petition goes to a court hearing, the alleged debtor can show they are sufficiently solvent to pay their debts or there is a genuine dispute over what is owed.

However, publicly insinuating that a business is insolvent is a whole new level. I hope Youngs can back up what they're saying else they can get themselves into a lot of trouble. I went on the Brew2bottle website and Youngs' statement that "stocks are at a minimum" or the "majority [of products] is out of stock" appears to be untrue.

I have no links at all to Brew2bottle but I do like to see fair dealing in business. Publicly calling them out like this is unnecessary.
I agree this is really inappropriate at a corporate level. It's not even in their interests. If B2B customers stop ordering and the company folds, Young's won't get paid at all!
They also need to make sure everything is factually correct, or it could cost them £££.

I have sent forum sponsor Brew2Bottle an email and PM letting them know this is being discussed as they haven't logged in since last Thursday.

I agree this is really inappropriate at a corporate level. It's not even in their interests. If B2B customers stop ordering and the company folds, Young's won't get paid at all!
They also need to make sure everything is factually correct, or it could cost them £££.
Whilst of course I love a bit of drama :laugh8: I do agree it's unprofessional and maybe not the best way to handle the situation. I understand the frustration of getting a client to pay but I don't think I'd do this.

I am interested to see what B2B have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back