Another major incident in london

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get bogged down in the detail of what to do with the suspects, a simple practical solution for one mode of attack

Every bridge in the capital and other targets should have bollards at the start and end of the pathway and a 6 inch curb to stop cars mounting the pavement. This could be done quickly and remove bridges as a target.

Lol this is great, luvvin it! Get 'em in quick to keep the fun going before the curtain comes down!

Ps. I can't believe folk get upset by some of the exchanges on here; they are only words, imagine if we were going around blowing innocent people up!

Last edited:
Before we get bogged down in the detail of what to do with the suspects, a simple practical solution for one mode of attack

Every bridge in the capital and other targets should have bollards at the start and end of the pathway and a 6 inch curb to stop cars mounting the pavement. This could be done quickly and remove bridges as a target.

This is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will comment no further on this thread as I've had a bollocking off chippy tea. But let me say this any radicalist / sympathizer is where the problem starts and something needs to be done about it, or basically our country is screwed. You will all see or maybe not but your children will!!!

I will comment no further on this thread as I've had a bollocking off chippy tea. But let me say this any radicalist / sympathizer is where the problem starts and something needs to be done about it, or basically our country is screwed. You will all see or maybe not but your children will!!!

I will retire too we know whats what :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I said that after the last attack, all roads should have these every 3 or 4 feet apart. This would also prevent ram raids which seem to happen all too frequently.

In saying that, if you close one avenue down for these terrorists they find another way to attack. It's the nature of terrorism.

One thing that heartens me is there was no bombs on the suicide vests. This tells me that it's a lot harder than it seems to source materials and build bombs. I think there is no shortage of people to strap bombs to their bodies.

One other point, if you can't make a rational argument without name slinging then just stay away from this thread. You can easily make a point without getting offensive. When you name sling you've lost the argument.

I have said that the only way to deradicalise them is to lobotomise them. This would actually work BTW and no need for jails.

I live close to an interface in NI (2 minutes walk) where there still is the odd bit of trouble but I grew up in a Protestant only school knowing only Protestant people in a very Loyalist area, only when I started work did I meet my first Catholic.

I'm an Atheist and a science lover and had a great set of mates which probably kept me away from paramilitarism but I know people who spent time in jails for very serious crimes because they grew up in similar circumstances. Had schools have been integrated we may never have known our troubles because deep down we are all the same.

I'm still a Loyalist and very much a Unionist but my daughter is dating a Catholic and couldn't care less about religion. I wish I had that attitude at her age.
I am almost 69 and when i went to both primary and secondary school they were essentially both a church of England school. We had some Jewish kids,some Catholic kids, infact allsorts.All happily taught essentially Christian values without any hint from parents that their kids should not be taught that way, with the exception of a very few who were excused and did not attend RI.
I agree Religion is a nightmare and don't see why schools these days should have to include it in the school calender at all.Religion can be taught at home if the family is of a religious bent.

I was in London last night when this happened, thankfully not caught up in any of it. Once I got the news flash on my phone, I was straight on and ordering an Uber... it's usually a £20 trip from central London to home - however, uber has a surge price feature that in periods of high demand the prices increase by 1.5X to 1.7x the normal fare. I thought this was terrible they were cashing in on this terrible incident. Made it home and got hit with a £40 uber fare - however, before I start tearing uber and new one via email- I just received an email saying I get a full refund from Uber, so my journey last night was free.

Maybe there is hope for this big companies after all. So thanks uber!

I'd like to "like" your status but this is ridiculous. If you don't mind I'd like to share your experience and let others know what Uber were up to.

Many taxi's opened their doors for free last night, they should be commended. I'll never use Uber now I know this.

I was in London last night when this happened, thankfully not caught up in any of it. Once I got the news flash on my phone, I was straight on and ordering an Uber... it's usually a �£20 trip from central London to home - however, uber has a surge price feature that in periods of high demand the prices increase by 1.5X to 1.7x the normal fare. I thought this was terrible they were cashing in on this terrible incident. Made it home and got hit with a �£40 uber fare - however, before I start tearing uber and new one via email- I just received an email saying I get a full refund from Uber, so my journey last night was free.

Maybe there is hope for this big companies after all. So thanks uber!

This was was said before, 3000 suspects on the list , so start by getting rid of those, Then NO more muslim entry to the UK. Monitor activity at Mosques and Muslim schools, make it Illegal to preach in the streets. Start putting severe penalties on offenders. Have a undercover muslim police section (will they do this ????) and deport all clerics and soap box Muslims spitting bile at the UK while living here and claiming a living from the social. Investigate into what these families are taking free from our system. Eating from our table sleeping in our beds and hating and plotting to kill us at the same time , evil form of Hypocrisy. Search all muslim houses, If they having nothing to hide they have nothing to fear.

That is a genuinely terrifying world you live in.

I hope someone has the answers on how we should hit this problem.

I dont agree with gunges stick them on a boat approach but updating facebook filters and saying lets carry on and pray we are not next doesn't feel enough anymore..

It is a very tricky thing to approach regardless of who is PM (I say that because I think there are point scoring opportunities going on already .. sadly), because if they do go in hard at this would they risk upsetting large parts of muslim communities who are decent citizens..

What the hell is the answer :-?

#1 - Major injection of funding into existing intelligence and policing agencies - operating under existing legal framework.

I'd like to "like" your status but this is ridiculous. If you don't mind I'd like to share your experience and let others know what Uber were up to.

Many taxi's opened their doors for free last night, they should be commended. I'll never use Uber now I know this.

You don't want to commend uber for giving him a free ride?

Yeah, apologies, I didn't read the full post. I got incensed when I read the opening statement and made my reply. I could have deleted my post but felt it better to leave it up as I knew a few would read.

Again apologies.

You don't want to commend uber for giving him a free ride?

#1 - Major injection of funding into existing intelligence and policing agencies - operating under existing legal framework.

I should have included this in (at the top of) my earlier list of ideas.

It isn't your views which were an issue but perhaps the way you spoke to another member..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back