another slovenian apa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We performed 1st and second runnings as well as a sparge. It did boil down more than estimated.

The demijohn was around 1.048

Hmm seems like you only had 30 percent efficiency? I'm sure it will turn out okay but different than what you intended. All that grain for 14 liters should have been like 10% but you will end up more like 4.8

Hmm seems like you only had 30 percent efficiency? I'm sure it will turn out okay but different than what you intended. All that grain for 14 liters should have been like 10% but you will end up more like 4.8

The main brew is 1.083 the demijohn is 1.048 ;-)

Edit: I'm looking at my notes for the day and I have two conflicting readings for the OG of the main brew. One of 1.072 and one of 1.083 I'm more inclined to believe the last one.

Sorry.

Maybe we boiled off quite a lot more than expected :-( and concentrated it :-) should I consider adding some water?

Really like the idea of adding sugar to a hop tea for priming, think I may try this for my next brew.

Just added 3 litres of bottled water. Strathclyde spring water. High in everything by the looks of it but cheap.

It's still going like a rocket though.

IMAG2347.jpg

IMAG2348.jpg

How did this end up Brum, thinking about doing a Wolf and Dana double SMASH type. Also how did the M44 yeast perform? Reading about it, it's suitable to bring out hop flavours in an IPA.

Bloody awesome mate. Was stronger than I'd have liked to be honest and came out more like a Belgian beer, mostly because of Tue boil loss/concentration of the wort.

The wolf hops are astoundingly good. I will deffo be ordering them again from geterbrewed.

The yeast did fantastic and couldn't fault this brew.

Dad_of_jon can vouch for the bottle I sent him, he said it's like the beers he buys from Belgium itself ;-)

(Rubs fingernails on the red plush lining of his smoking jacket)

I've used the last of the Dana in brews and can't fault that either.

Go for it!

I was gonna do a simple SMASH by buying Citra hops but then I thought I'd do a search on the Slovenian Hops I still had and this thread came up.

Hopefully my LHBS has some M44 but if not I'll use S04 or S05 for something around 5%.

Glad I done the search, thanks :)

Yeah wolf hops are good, all the slovenian hops have impressed me very much , well most of them I am still waiting on the eureka to mature to see what I think.

Latest posts

Back