Any bikers on here?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well that's my steed tucked up for the next few months.

When I bought the bike in April I was certain that I'd bike all year, etc. Last few weeks I've had my doubts and the last 48 hours have totally made my mind up.

Last wee run tonight and now it's washed, etc and put away. Just need to buy a dust cover and that'll be it.

Sad days.

K

What do you ride? I previously had a Firestorm but sold it and bought and XLV.
I'm thinking about putting the thermals back in my kit for my trip back to Wales (from Portsmouth) on Friday. I can't wait for the rain! :shock:

James

This :

ED4A1CBF-D252-49A8-86C9-756F3DDF2006-299-0000002A19DA104C.jpg

2010 SV650s.

Love it.

K

makes me sad ...

I has a sv650s but it was stolen disk lock, oxford chain and imobiliser included :evil:

come spring i will find my self a new steed and be back on the road again :party:

I have a 2009 gsxr 600 for sale at the mo if anyone is interested? £4k

I used to ride off-roaders, just green laning and the like. Had a DT125 on the road when I was 17 but then realised that girls don't like bikes and got a car again. Then I realised that girls also don't like J-reg 1.1 Fiestas with cherrybomb exhausts and Nurburgring stickers :lol:

Bought a non-runner 110cc chinese pit bike last week, that should be some fun when it gets muddy. Only needed the carb cleaning out :party:

Hear a lot about pit bikes but never dabbled in that area.

Worth a punt?

K

Great fun for what they cost, good for kids and adults, and if you've got a decent sized car you can lob them in the back, mine fits in the back of a Peugeot 306 easily. Can be a little unstable at speed but speed isn't really the point, most 110s top out at around 50mph which feels like 1000mph :lol:

Brand new chinese ones are like 400 quid :party:

So what do you do on them?!

Fire around the woods, etc??

K

My lasses stepdad is a school caretaker, sometimes go up to the school on Sundays and blast around the playgrounds and playing fields. Used to ride in the woods near me but you can't get away with it anymore sadly...

Go to a dealer mate, their happy to let you have a go round the carpark :D

the constant rains just killed the cdi on me chop :evil: time for the hack to come out and play....

nice looking SV u got there... been looking at one of them and a 1000 too.... but having 3 already means its difficult to persuade her indoors its a good idea....... grrrrr ....
bike 1... a little 100cc yammy, about 30 yrs old now, all standard, at my dads where its not running after he decided to spruce it up.... lol...

bike 2.. a Rotax CCM supermoto .... big bored, racepipe,ported flowed, upgraded brakes... basically race tuned without the carb... hopefully getting a stroker crank for it soon, so should end up about 750cc (iirc) its about 53 bhp at rear wheel at the moment,

bike 3...My streetfighter.. Kawasaki GPz 750 turbo, with 1100 engine, brakes ,wheels and suspension from stuff like zxr's, gixers,bandits,aprillias,R1"s, engine bored /ported/big carbs/big exhaust, tweaked bodywork/paint.... its my baby, been building in different guises for about 20 yrs, money pit is the word...lol... thats why i bought the CCM, to use and keep standard, but then i blew the engine up and cracked the brakes, so was a perfect excuse to sort that out too.... you could say bikes are my passion ....

as for not riding in the winter, i dont mind the snow, just the rain... got some off road wheels for the ccm, for when the weather turns..
and weirdly, when i have a bike on the road i never drink....

kev said:
Well that's my steed tucked up for the next few months.

When I bought the bike in April I was certain that I'd bike all year, etc. Last few weeks I've had my doubts and the last 48 hours have totally made my mind up.

Last wee run tonight and now it's washed, etc and put away. Just need to buy a dust cover and that'll be it.

Sad days.

K

Just getting too cold?? In which case invest in some heated grips and some better biking gear :thumb:

I commute to work on my bike - best thing for avoiding the bad traffic queues, and great fun on the twisties :mrgreen:

I've been doing that since April, and hope to continue right through the winter - unless it's icy/snowing - train will have to do for those days...

No it's no the heat....or lack off.

It's the grit, ice, potholes, mud, ****, water, idiot car drivers, fog, dark, etc.

If I had another (cheaper) bike then is do it but fairings, etc are very pricey.

K

Aprilia Falco in the shed, under repair as it was bought damaged.

I've been riding bikes since I was 14 and get serious withdrawal symptoms if I haven't got one in my life.

I agree about the salt, my bikes do get used in winter, but only on a weekend when I'll have time to wash it down and WD40 the thing before it goes back in the shed to await the next sunny day off.

My favourite bike so far has been the Yamah FZS 1,000 I sold a few years ago, I will have another one of them one day, the perfect all rounder :D

I'm new to Bikes and have my first 125 cruiser. It's my sole form of transport so I am going to have to plow through the winter regardless. I have just moved pretty far away from my place of work though so I am trying to find work closer to home for when the snow hits. I'm saving at the moment to do my full test, any recommendations in the WMidlands?

if youre riding through winter, theres some treatment you can get, in a yellow bottle, ptf 50... or some such like, sorry ben a few yrs since i had it..... clean youre bike and spray all over with this stuff.... think its from scottoiler people... it keeps the salt off youre bike and u just need to wash the bike after use... someone might come along with the corect name....

I have a very nice BMW R1100gs tucked away in the garage, due to other factors it hasn't been out this year,

well yet and there is still time :grin:

motomaniac said:
if youre riding through winter, theres some treatment you can get, in a yellow bottle, ptf 50... or some such like, sorry ben a few yrs since i had it..... clean youre bike and spray all over with this stuff.... think its from scottoiler people... it keeps the salt off youre bike and u just need to wash the bike after use... someone might come along with the corect name....

I use ACF50 on my R1, I commute all year on her although it's only an 8 mile journey so the cold doesn't get a chance to get through but living by the sea in Morecambe means that salt is an year issue for me. I remember the scottoiler stuff, but I was told that it was a bit of pain to apply, so I've never used it.

Someone tweeted me a link to a company that come to your house and clean your bike and apply the necessary anti-corrosion
stuff to it. Once they're in the area, they then advertise that they're holding a session and if enough others turn up, your bike clean is free (they use your water and electricity so it's not free as such). I'll do some Google work and see if I can find them. Failing that, ask your local dealer, mine charged me £30 and showed me what to do so I could do it in the future (I had a Thundercat before and it was never out of there, so they felt sorry for me!)

Back