Any problems with a Demi quite full?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
Making a lemon wine from Sainsburys "Still Lemonade" juice!

IMG_0403_001.jpg

Regret adding that extra bit :doh: am I likely to run into any problems?

I'd tip a touch out for what it's worth. Your only problem you're likely to run into is it foaming up and spilling out of the airlock. Best avoided I think even if it's going into the garage as it will only encourage infection etc I think.

Alternatively you can attach a blow-off tube instead.

I have found pomegranate and cranberry wines hardly make any head at all so if you are lucky you will not get any blowing through the airlock, if you are concerned make a blow off tube (see example below) as suggested above, i always use one on my big bucket FV as it has got a bit lively a couple of times, i have also found if you put as little water in the glass as you can to cover the end of the tube its a lot quieter.

Fermenting.jpg

When I did lemon wine from real lemons I don't recall if making much foamy stuff, but that headspace doesn't look nearly enough, and, um, I can't see an airlock in your pic....

haha I added one after :D So far theres a bit of foam and its bubbling away but still got abit of space\ >.<

By sheer chance everything seems to be going ok with no sign of anything but water in the airlock and the same space in between :)

Latest posts

Back