Anyone bought from Powell brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my electric boiler from the homebrew shop too and spent a long time fitting all the parts and getting rid of inevitable leaks. It's a good pot but took ages to get right.

I bought my mash tun from Powell, phoned him up and was really helpful on the phone and added another tap for recirculation to the top if the tun for a good price. The vessel itself is great but I have 1 complaint: the tap barbs are slightly too small so there isn't a seal on the tube, meaning my pump is useless and it leaks. However I luckily had some slightly smaller tubing lying around which I use.

Otherwise I do recommend Powell.

Well... I've just had to abandon my first brewday with my new equipment as there was a leak on my new pot where the thermometer joined. Frustrating doesn't even begin to cover it...
I've tried to seal it with a bit of silicone (outside the pot not inside) and will test it during the week to make sure it's no longer leaking. Then hopefully brew next week instead!

If you have any PTFE tape then now it will be a good time to use it. Also just making sure all bolts are done up as tight as possible will make a difference. As in, even when you think it's done up, do it up tighter.

Ordered my pot and hop filter over the weekend so wil look forward to its arrival.. shall certainly test things before I go ahead and brew

That was me. I have measured 20 litres in to my pot as this is the amount of mash water I start with. This falls roughly half way between the 20 and 25 litre marks on my sight glass.

Latest posts

Back