Anyone bought one of these?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieabbottuk

Reaction score
http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/ag-equipment/boilers/micro100l.html

white_19.jpg

We are just weighing up our options before taking the plunge on a 100 litre system and wanted to know if anyone knows anyone who has had any success with the stainless system from the BrewUK website.

You know, after all the free advertising that this company has had on here, I wouldn't buy one from them.

I'd source a local metal basher and pay THEM for the work instead. Electronics I'd ask a student from the local Uni to sort for me. It'd still probably come out cheaper than the £2.2k asking price.

We are also looking at a Moss brew system and a Brew Zone one, these are both cheaper and to be honest at this stage I'd rather go for a ready made system with some recommendations rather than try to lash something together and then try to figure out whether it is our ability or the kit that is the issue when the brew doesn't come out right.

Didn't know Mossy was still doing this type of thing.
Used him 15 years ago - hope the work quality has improved .....

charlieabbottuk said:
Andyhull said:
Have you brewed before?

To be honest No, but we have done plenty of research ;)

This is going to be our pilot plant before we go full time.

I persume you have done your homework on going full time as well. :pray:
Quite a few experianced brewers on here, including me, have looked into it and decided there are to many hurdles and hard work for a small profit :)
Good Luck with the venture and steep learning curve. :D
Your presumabley have got a copy of the Micro Brewers Handbook to help with your research.
S

Springer said:
charlieabbottuk said:
Andyhull said:
Have you brewed before?

I persume you have done your homework on going full time as well. :pray:
Quite a few experianced brewers on here, including me, have looked into it and decided there are to many hurdles and hard work for a small profit :)
Good Luck with the venture and steep learning curve. :D
Your presumabley have got a copy of the Micro Brewers Handbook to help with your research.
S

Yes we are not going into this blind and estimate we will need to carry on our full time jobs for quite a while but you need a retirement plan and this is ours.
I have got a copy of Ted's book and am on my second read through.

A friend of mine has one and I have a 6 barrel commercial brewery made by the same company. The quality is excellent as is the beer from it :cheers:

If it's for a pilot brewery for dialing in recipes and just helping you to understand the process prior to going for something bigger then I'd recommend putting something together yourself for less outlay. You'll probably need all the money you have in your budget, plus more, just for casks.

Phil.

I have 0.25 bbl and 1bbl kit for sale, nothing fancy tho but good for learning on like i did with them both. now on 2.5bbl commercial
Ollie

I know bugger all about that kit - but what i do know is Brew UK are absolute stars. I have ordered loads of stuff from them and everything has turned up as and when forecasted. Except for a slight glitch a couple of weeks ago when an order went missing - i contacted Greg at Brew Uk and a replacement order was sent out the same day. It was a cock up by royal mail who said the post code wasnt recognised! :sulk: idiots!!
I have even had orders sent out in an emergency and Greg and his team bent over backwards to make sure it arrived on time - as it was being brought out to Turkey for me. :cheers: :thumb:

Agree Brew UK are very good. I had a recent order destroyed by the delivery company and all the damaged items were replaced within a couple of days.

charlieabbottuk said:
Andyhull said:
Have you brewed before?

Well I do wish you all the best, but are you really saying you haven't brewed before? would you not want to produce a product that will sell, ie a very nice beer, before you invest in a lot of equipment and expense. Equipment doesn't make a beer, it is experience.

I am thinking about selling my 1BBL Kit in the next couple of weeks, it has a few Blichmann Items with it, PHE, Hop Rocket Mash Thermometer etc, you can see the build in the Herms section.

Call me on 07830304929 and I can work out some sort of deal, with you.

Shane

Good Ed said:
charlieabbottuk said:
Andyhull said:
Have you brewed before?

Well I do wish you all the best, but are you really saying you haven't brewed before? would you not want to produce a product that will sell, ie a very nice beer, before you invest in a lot of equipment and expense. Equipment doesn't make a beer, it is experience.

Sure totally understand where you are coming from but we plan to take things pretty slowly and want a decent bit of kit that will last and doesn't need constant fettling.

unclepumble said:
I am thinking about selling my 1BBL Kit in the next couple of weeks, it has a few Blichmann Items with it, PHE, Hop Rocket Mash Thermometer etc, you can see the build in the Herms section.

Call me on 07830304929 and I can work out some sort of deal, with you.

Shane

Will call you later today - thanks.

Well we ended up getting one of the 100ltr kits from Elite Stainless. Here it is in its new home:

921767_10201182228348469_1135823094_o.jpg

Had a trial run yesterday with hot liquor and we have a few leaks to fix, mainly around the HopRocket so we may skip that for our first brew which should be this weekend.

Back