Making a review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezbrews

Apprentice commercial brewer, amateur home brewer
Reaction score
So it appears nobody who has bought the klarstein conical fermentation vessel (15L) linked below has done a review of it. I've never really reviewed anything properly before so I'd like to know if you were reading a review, what would you want a review into such a vessel to include? I know the worst reviews just reel off product details and I really don't want to do that!

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-Ap...es-Yeast-Drain-Valve-304-Stainless-Steel.html

I'd like to know if you were reading a review, what would you want a review into such a vessel to include?I know the worst reviews just reel off product details and I really don't want to do that!

I posted it to demonstrate how you should make your review, If you can make your video as good as the one above i don't think you would get any complaints.

Not meaning to sound dismissive but this is a very different product from the one I linked, so not applicable to my needs.

Not meaning to sound dismissive but i have searched the forum and only found one other thread (below) about this FV, this was posted in 2020 and was about a broken weld on a leg not a review, for some reason there has been little interest probably due to the £185 price tag, good luck with your review.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/klarstein-garkeller-pro-worry-over-nothing.90637/

Last edited:
I posted it to demonstrate how you should make your review, If you can make your video as good as the one above i don't think you would get any complaints.

Not meaning to sound dismissive but i have searched the forum and only found one other thread (below) about this FV, this was posted in 2020 and was about a broken weld on a leg not a review, for some reason there has been little interest probably due to the £185 price tag, good luck with your review.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/klarstein-garkeller-pro-worry-over-nothing.90637/
Oh sorry! I misunderstood why you shared it. Thank you. I actually got it for less than £140, as there is currently a price drop on it (we shall see why...) appreciate the share, I will look over it. I know you repeated that back at me but I genuinely was trying to be polite about it (although I can see I missed your point).

I'd like to know all the measurements that aren't shown on the order page like width between the legs and height inc an airlock. Also if you can swap the barb for an airlock, e.g. what size bung it takes?

However, it seems Klarstein aren't selling the Gärkeller Pro 15L anymore which is a shame because I've started looking for one and the SS Brewtech Mini is kind of pricey. Seems the Klarstein one is a rebadged Guten FER-15VV as usual.

Fyi when I asked Guten for a quote to ship one to UK they said "unit price is 80usd, shipping cost is 94usd. shipping by train + express" which is as much as the Brewtech from Maltmiller.

I'd like to know all the measurements that aren't shown on the order page like width between the legs and height inc an airlock. Also if you can swap the barb for an airlock, e.g. what size bung it takes?

However, it seems Klarstein aren't selling the Gärkeller Pro 15L anymore which is a shame because I've started looking for one and the SS Brewtech Mini is kind of pricey. Seems the Klarstein one is a rebadged Guten FER-15VV as usual.

Fyi when I asked Guten for a quote to ship one to UK they said "unit price is 80usd, shipping cost is 94usd. shipping by train + express" which is as much as the Brewtech from Maltmiller.
Yeah there's a real gap in the market for smaller batch ss FVs. They were discontinuing it when I found it, it seems, and stopped selling this a couple weeks after so didn't seem like there was a lot of point!

With respect to review content:
Build quality
Included and excluded features
availability of spares
Compatibility for add ons
Competitor comparison
‘Oh b**ger” moments when used in anger
These are probably the initial big hit details most people are looking for.

Latest posts

Back