Apple stained hands!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhodgkins

Reaction score
Always remember to wear gloves when pressing apples or this happens
apa6y3ap.jpg

On a similar note, does anyone have any tips for cleaning my hands now they are stained???

Hi

I have heard that shaving foam out of a can helps with stained hands ( i havent tried it but its got to be worth a try)

Dave

Soap has made no difference despite numerous attempts. I will give the shaving foam a try. Thank you.

Mustard.

Joking aside - it catches me out every year. The black wears off after a while - soap won't get it off.

Its the same with elderberries, which is red but then goes black when you try using soap. :twisted:

Swarfega should work, it seems to work on most stains on hands.
[EDIT] I use the orange stuff not the green stuff, the orange stuff has grit in it which gets most every thing off your hands.

That's a good shout. If it can strip used engine oil from my hands it might just work on apple juice...

I think the black is caused by the acidity in the apples, so it may not be a stain but damaged skin. Our apples produced PH 2.9 this year. Our school teacher (science) friend was wearing rubber gloves and protective glasses when handling the buffer solution of the PH meter and that was only PH 4!

My black stained hands took about a week to clear!

The true answer to apple stained hands is lemon juice. I have just tried it, and it is like magic. I used a few splashes of bottled juice, rubbed it in, and the black/brown was gone, quick rinse and all was good. No soap needed!

Obviously I stained my hands grinding apples for cider! :D

Latest posts

Back