Atto (10 Litre) Sized brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure the ball valve won't be a problem, and if you use ss back nuts on the elements that will be o.k too.
Cheap stock pots in general are pretty thin walled, it's when you get to expensive catering gear that the wall will be thicker and pretty unforgiving.

I say go fo it :thumb:

nice way to flog the SS back nuts :D

i'm still pondering whether to go for it now or after xmas. mind you it's only £30 for the pots, and that's the crucial parts ordered :D dunno when he'll be restocked... so..... hmmmmmm :hmm:

true ;)

i'm thinking of using tank connectors in the bottom of the pots like your set up Vossy. at only 10 litres, minimising losses is paramount i reckon.

i'm gunna build this on it's own tray type thing that i can carry into the kitchen from the garage. i'll have it all bolted together and the tank connectors will hold the pots in place for transportation, and you just undo the tank connectors to release the pots from the set up to clean.

i'm thinking of building in integral copper coils into the HLT and copper to act as a herms system, and fixed IC. at this size it should work perfectly.

wow an attobrewery :lol: . . . just how much smaller can it get :lol:

:lol:

i was thinking of making a working scale model brewery... about a pint's brew length just for shits n giggles :D but thought i'd go for something more useful :cool:

BrewStew said:
I was thinking of making a working scale model brewery... about a pint's brew length just for shits n giggles
The worlds first yoctobrewery :eek: That is a labour of love . . . . and I think I know just where to get the brewing vessels . . . . that's my trouble I just get to easily distracted . . . but still I'm off to Morrisons to get the plant.

Ok . . . how to heat the boiler that is going to be the question . . . controlling evaporation is going to be a big problem

Aleman said:
Ok . . . how to heat the boiler that is going to be the question . . . controlling evaporation is going to be a big problem

i was thinking of using a parafin burner, similar to the ones you get for fondu's ;)

what's the smallest thermobox nordic optical do? am i just imagining things or did i see a 12.5L thermobox a while back? (it's not there now before you take a look)

:lol: have i started a trend in ultra small homebrewing on this forum or something? :cool:

6 ltrs is a bit small for a 10 litre brewery i reckon. for the equivalent of a 5kg grain bill at 5 gallons, you'd need 6.25 litres at 10L brew length. do they do a 12 ish litre one?

I've been told they do a 12 L one :whistle:
I can't see the ultra small brewing picking up on this forum with the thirsty punters we have :lol:

i knew those 9 litre cornies norm does would have a use :D but he's asking £60 plus £10 postage for a pack of two :shock:

have i started a trend in ultra small homebrewing on this forum or something?

Nah...I want one as a HE, have done for a while just not got round to buying it.
I kept my eye on one of them for ages, went to bid and someone beat me to it :roll: :x

doh :(

i wonder why the smaller ones dont go on buy it now :hmm:

i just emailed them to enquire about a 10-12 litre sized one :D

ahhh. the thought occurs... how many inches deep of a grain bed do you need to make a good enough filter?

Latest posts

Back