babycham bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fran

Reaction score
heres a link wich shows the bottles im getting free at the moment (7 a week )

http://www.drinksdirect.co.uk/acatalog/ ... _cork.html

they are easy to delabel and i also get a plastic cork like the ones you can buy but rounded on the top

would i be right in thinking i could use these for sparkling wine

the reason i ask is i have never had babycham so i dont know if it has the same pressure as sparkling wine

£3.40 for Babycham? :shock: :eek:
Holy sh*t!

Yes, you could use those bottles for a lightly sparkling wine :thumb:

What have you got in mind?

If you use the hollow plastic stoppers (wired in) and store the bottles upside down, any sediment collects inside the stopper and it's quite possible to ease them out upside down over the sink and right the bottle with minimal wastage.

i know that place is dear but my mates mum gets it from macro for about 1.50 each bottle
shes been drinking it for years wich is a bit gutting when i think about all the bottles shes binned. but theres another story

once upon a time my mate asked me to look at his barn to see if i could convert it into a house.
so i went round and took 2 bottles of my first batch of home brew lager (youngs brew buddy)
we both popped the caps off our bottles and walked over to the bin outside the farmhouse and when i opened it to recycle the beercap all i saw was empty babycham bottles. I immediately ordered christine to save me all of her bottles and plastic stoppers. ever since i have been collecting her bottles and caps weekly and i love them

The End

i thought i might try a few sparkling wines such as wurzels and a few other wines i have made just to experiment because i have never had a sparkling wine and those plastic stoppers are the best they save a fortune

Free, strongish bottles, with re-usable stoppers :thumb:

I have to confess that I have a few too, they were on offer in Iceland and mother-in-law likes it.

Fizzy WOW knocks her out faster though :whistle:

Free, strongish bottles, with re-usable stoppers :thumb:

I have to confess that I have a few too, they were on offer in Iceland and mother-in-law likes it.

Moley said:
Fizzy WOW knocks her out faster though :whistle:

now that sounds good for mother in laws

opened a 1 glass bottle of wow tonight and the taste has completely changed from being drinkable to being a very nice wine that i was impressed with so now i know how it is when it has been left long enough i will be starting a large batch ASAP

i have read a lot about wurzels and i think people are trying it too early

at 2.5 month i think it is very nice but does have a tang wich i think by 6 month will be gone leaving one of the best wines i have tasted

BIG UP TO WURZEL GUMMAGE

my mother in law is also ace (sober)
but she tried it on with me when she was drunk so i would prefer to give her something that knocks her out

and yes i did tell the wife when drunk off home brew (oops)

to my amazement she thought it was funny

im still confused

Latest posts

Back