Back... and almost ready to finally start extract brewing!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shearclass

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi

You probably don't remember me, but I joined the forum a couple of years ago initially just to find out how to make a kit properly, and then a year ago i was going to start extract brews.

I still haven't started with extract... Won't bore you with the excuses but I am almost ready to do it, have all the equipment now, just need to clear, rack, maybe bottle, approx 10 -11 gallons wine, 5 gall TC, 2 gall random-drink-for-mrs-made-with-polish-fruit-syrup then that is the back log of store ingredients used up and I am ready go!

Recipes picked out, ingredients listed, suppliers priced up... now all i need is some spare TIME!

I look forward to badgering you all again with my queries. I hope to get on here more often than I have done in the last 9 months.

Hello mate, how you doing, hope you are well.

Its been a while for me as well. It seems that a lot of members leave the fold for a while and come back.

I have done no brewing for ages, even considering that I have enough kits to kill a church hall full of raving alcoholics. A lot of it is due to medication because of my back, but I haven't really drunk anything for a couple of years. Another reason was because I really couldn't be ar++d and my attitude towards being sociable was really non existent, it you get what I mean.

I came back to the forum a few months ago but have very rarely posted. Its sad to hear that a few forum members have left but its even better that more have joined.

Take it easy mate and speak soon.

All the best

Neil

Well I had such a ridiculous supply of beer from ktis and other random bits and bobs that it has done me good jsut to focus on using up the many cartons of juice, bottle of ribena, fruit bought and frozen when reduced to clear, and fruit picked myself and make all the wines that i had been planning to do for ages.

I am about to embark on some exams in relation to my new job, so I have been wanting to get everything done and out of the way before i start on them. Once my current batches are done, I will make sure I am only fermenting one thing at a time so I can keep on top of it.

I have enough wine to last a very logn time - about 90 bottles, plus at least 9 gallons filtered etc and now just maturing in carboys/demis, and another 8/9 gallons clearing (fined last night, hopefully ready to filter soon (...I hate filtering wine... what chore...)) so all I will do for the next year while I am studying and sitting exams is the occaisional bulk fruit juice wine to ensure stocks are maintained.

I also have 5 gal oftC whihc I need some help with.

However, I am down to my last approx 60 pints of beer!

I had been trying to do too much and it was becoming a chore to get it all done. Also, I had all manner of random drinks lying around, some that I wasn't too keen on, but the fact that I have not done any new batches of beer for so long has ensured that the existing stock of kit beer and experimental drinks (some ok, some poor, some nice) ahs been used up, ready for a new stock of extract brews! :drink:

aneray said:
Thanks for askin, I am doing very well thanks. Perhaps doing something similar to me, using up all your existign stock of ktis etc and doing something different like extract could reinvigorate your intrest?

pittsy said:
welcome back , you gonna post your recipe and list your process
I got about 6/7 recipes together so that i could order the extract in bulk (much cheaper to do that than buy extract in indiviudal tins :eek: ) and most of them were from 'Brewing Classic Styles - 80 recipes anyoen can brew'.

I'll post them up as I come to do them.

shearclass said:
Hi

You probably don't remember me, but I joined the forum a couple of years ago initially just to find out how to make a kit properly, and then a year ago i was going to start extract brews.

I still haven't started with extract... Won't bore you with the excuses but I am almost ready to do it, have all the equipment now, just need to clear, rack, maybe bottle, approx 10 -11 gallons wine, 5 gall TC, 2 gall random-drink-for-mrs-made-with-polish-fruit-syrup then that is the back log of store ingredients used up and I am ready go!

Recipes picked out, ingredients listed, suppliers priced up... now all i need is some spare TIME!

I look forward to badgering you all again with my queries. I hope to get on here more often than I have done in the last 9 months.

Welcome back. Just about to start extract myself. Almost have all the bits to build a 30L boiler so I can make 19L brews. Really looking forward to it but think I will need to do one more kit to keep me going in the mean time.

aneray said:

Its been a while for me as well. It seems that a lot of members leave the fold for a while and come back.

I have done no brewing for ages, even considering that I have enough kits to kill a church hall full of raving alcoholics. A lot of it is due to medication because of my back, but I haven't really drunk anything for a couple of years. Another reason was because I really couldn't be ar++d and my attitude towards being sociable was really non existent, it you get what I mean.

I came back to the forum a few months ago but have very rarely posted. Its sad to hear that a few forum members have left but its even better that more have joined.

Take it easy mate and speak soon.

All the best

Neil

Sad to hear your Back is not better Neil. Did you ever finish your brewery? I was enjoying following your progess at the time.

Latest posts

Back