Back in from the cold break

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrickl06

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been out of the brewing game for around 2 years due to the birth of our second kid and also due to developing gout which scared me off the homebrew for a while.

Anyways I am now back on the wagon so to speak, have moved house and have invested in a brew fridge (temps were always a problem previously), 2 corny kegs (I am hoping that avoiding the secondary fermentation I can get rid of most of the yeast by crash cooling - brewers yeast is the single worst thing lb for lb for gout) and also half way through building my kegerator.

Bought most of the gear from the home brew shop who even phoned me up today after a small query with beer line sizes - they are posting some stuff out to me tonight on 24 hour delivery for free - great customer service and all round jolly nice people.

Previously I had gotten to around 25 AG brews and love IPA's of any style, the hoppier the better but a couple of mediocre brews towards the end put me off a bit, this was all due to trying to brew in summer without adequate temp controls.

I have seen the sticky in the equipment section regarding casks / kegs etc but given that I have bought 2 brand new ones legit, am I able to get advice for these from time to time without breaking forum rules :thumb:

The final push for me came last Friday night when I was trying to find some ale from the supermarket at a decent price....

The cheapest I found was around £1.25 per bottle and to be honest nothing I can buy compares to some of my previous brews which I could do for 20p a bottle, especially the thought that if I want to brew a 5.1% ale I am free to do so, without having to pay more tax for it.

Anyway, enough from me, for now, its great to be back in the land of the brewin.

Any additional tips for dropping the yeast before force carbing in the corny keg greatfully received.

Cheers all

Matt

Welcome back!

I'm sure that you will appreciate a Bumper Sticker I saw a while back ...

"Remember - a child is for life not just for benefits!"​

... and "WOW" are they expensive little critters! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back