Banana & Blueberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandiNKel

Reaction score
Can a banana & blueberry wine be made?
I love both and just wondered what a banana & blueberry wine would be like or if it was even possible to make one!
I've search for a recipe but no luck!

You can make any type of wine, but I can't imagine how banana and blueberry would taste, I'm doing a banana and prune wine

caitlintilt said:
You can make any type of wine, but I can't imagine how banana and blueberry would taste, I'm doing a banana and prune wine

Banana & prune? Bananas bind me up but prunes give me the squits big time. My poor ringer wouldn't know whether to chew or whistle dixie. Interesting flavours though but...

It should work fine, banana is an old homebrewed wine additive to add body to wines and my dad bangs on about how he added a banana to pretty much every brew, mainly in surprise that I don't.

Depends how much prune - Duncan Incapable's gluten-free ersatz-ale recipes use it, but you get very little per pint so the well-known effects don't arrive.

Blueberry is a great adjunct in TC, so should work well in a wine. And banana is good for body. I think it sounds like a good idea.
Recipes I've seen using bananas say to let them get really overripe before using. And probably not too much banana - it's a very distinctive flavour. There's gonna be pulp.
CJJB suggests 4lb nanas + 1/2lb skins for a gallon, with grape concentrate, a lot of sugar, and some acids. And amylase...
Say, half that amount of nanas, 1 or 2 litres blueberry juice, raisins instead of concentrate, not too much acid as the juice will have some, calc the sugars and add enough to get the ABV you want, should be good.

The recipie said to use raisins or for a different flavour dates, so I figured prunes :) The prune to banana ratio is about 1 to four though so mostly it's banana I guess, maybe try two batches, one mostly banana with a little blueberry, and one blueberry with a little banana? I'd be interested to see how it turned out

I just need to either free up a demi or get another and then I'll do a bit of experimenting with the idea :)

Well I've taken a banana recipe and a blueberry one and half the ingredients and put them together, started it today so fingers crossed :)

Latest posts

Back