Beer Engine Seal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Reaction score
I need the top seal the one the plunger rod goes through, for what I think is a Hi - Gene beer engine, I beleive its a Lip Seal by LDI marked 7.93 x 15.87 x 6.35 the seal held down by a nylon plug and two screw either side of the plunger rod, I anyone has one for sale or can suggest a supplier i would be very grateful.

I had to get creative when finding replacement washers for my old handpull - maybe some pictures might help to see the part

I think your seal is probably Imperial in size. It's 5/16 x 5/8 x 1/4. If you look on eBay you should find it. A quick search found one with a depth of 1/8" so you could use two of these.

I contacted RLBS who supplied me with the seals I need for the piston rod for just £3 plus postage, and that fixed the leak but when I pumped beer it still had a mouldy odour and taste. I striped and removed all the seal including the piston’s two seals and soaked them in Sodium Percarbonate and my wife also recommended Milto, reassembledthe pump and it was slightly better but i could still just detect the mouldy aroma in my Black Sheep. I contacted RLBS again and spoke again to a very helpful Graham Collingwood and he found me a new piston with seals fitted, Stainless steel rod and posted them the same day.

When the piston, seals etc arrive, I will photo the parts and the reassembly to help any others needing to service their beer engine.

Thanks for the all comments and recommendations.

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-11-12-15-47-02.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-11-12-15-47-02.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back