Beer gun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends what you want to do.

If just using it for bottling (un-carbonated beer) they are terrific (fast). As long as you can get a psi or two behind the beer. If wanting to occasionally bottle carbonated beer to take out that evening (which is what I wanted) they can be a right pain. Because the target container (bottle) isn't pressurised the beer can (and probably will) foam like mad and filling a bottle might take 10-15 minutes.

I gave up with mine and got a counter-pressure device (a Pegas tap from Russia).

I''ve recently got one one of the Blichmann beerguns - only used it once so far by it worked like a charm.
The beer was a bit undercarbed when I bottled though so it'll be interesting to try it again with a bit more fizz in the brew.

I've also been looking at the counter type 1s the the white bung. After I've filled a bottle it don't close right and sprays out but I've only used it once so a bit of tinkering might sort that out

I have the blickmann Beer Gun 2, loving it, works really well even with very carbonated beer styles as long as you chill the beer before bottling.

Latest posts

Back