Beer not carbonating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poole

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am relatively new to home brewing and I have done a few kits now (mainly largers, pilsners etc). I have a set up with a CO2 rig but although the CO2 is giving the head the beer tastes flat and not carbonated.

I am putting priming sugar into my keg before barrelling but unsure where I am going wrong.

How long are you leaving it in the keg before pouring your first pint?
Are you putting the CO2 on as soon as you keg it? If so what temperature and pressure?

How long are you leaving it in the keg before pouring your first pint?
Are you putting the CO2 on as soon as you keg it? If so what temperature and pressure?
Hi, I am leaving it in the keg for 2/3 weeks. Should I be adding anything when kegging with the findings?

When I transfer to a pressure barrel after cold crashing the fermented beer, it takes at least 3 days, sometimes four, at 20C before I see signs of carbonation (pressure rise). I leave my beer for two weeks to carbonate at 20C before conditioning for at least another 2 weeks at 10C.

How full did you full the keg, perhaps it was overfilled. Set to 40psi, and roll keg for 60 seconds. Leave settle for few hours, release pressure and pour.

Latest posts

Back