Best cheap kettle for home built boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good. I see that the boil seems pretty intense with the 2.5kw does the 1.6kw hold a rolling boil. Also how do you sparge?

Hi stig I bought one of these https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-ap...0L-LED-Display-Timer-304-Stainless-Steel.html biab never looked back you need to buy the bag, done some great brews with it and some bad down to me, you also get a tenner off if you sign up to the news letter, best 130 quid I ever spent
Damn, you just made me buy one. I was thinking about resolving various issues with my setup - no tap on my stockpot and having to do it inside on an induction hob (this actually works very well but I'd rather have the option of doing it outside and not steaming the kitchen up) - and that should resolve both issues nicely.

I think I'm going to get in trouble with the missus though!

Hi Stig I use 900w to to heat strike water 2500 up to boil 1600 for rolling boil, I don't I dunk in a spare fv, up to the full mark is 27L, so if your recipe calls for 28L you won't get the water and grain in in one go so I put 20 in the kettle and 8 in the spare fv mash in then drain bag and a 15 min dunk then into kettle and boil, I once filled it to the mark you have to be ready to knock the power down when it hits the boil :laugh8:, the only problem I have had is when my extention lead tripped it not funny the reset button is underneath I bought a new one never tripped since, I have done about 15 21L brews in it, you can do no sparge full mash you will soon find whats best for you, there is a vid of one on you tube

Latest posts

Back