Best Cleaner?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep 2kg i bought one yesterday it wasn't priced so i asked a young chappie and he wrote the code down on a piece of paper to give at the check out, i also bought a hanging basket for19-99 i gave the the young lady the paper and she said thats 2-99 then i didn't have the heart and owned up i said that's for for the cleaner the basket is 19-99 to which she replied thank you

If you have hard water then the regular ‘oxi’ products can leave a white residue.

For all my brewery cleaning I previously used PBW, which avoided the residue and was highly effective. Now I use ‘Chemclean’ as I can buy 5kg of it for for under £30.

When I clean a keg I will give it a good rinse out with the hose pipe, then put in a couple of spoons of cleaner and a kettle full of water with a bit of extra water to top it up. Give it a good shake, then leave it for a bit, coming back and shaking occasionally.

After soaking I will blow out some cleaner through beer lines, then empty and rinse.
Where do you buy that from?

For all my brewery cleaning I previously used PBW, which avoided the residue and was highly effective. Now I use ‘Chemclean’ as I can buy 5kg of it for for under £30.

I’ve gone the other way, big tub of Chemclean was/is my go to product, but you really need gloves to scrub items, as it affects the skin.

Is PBW skin friendly?

I have recently managed to get my hands on some PBW, after hearing everybody rave it about. Not used any yet. So I’ve got the option for both now.

A lot more expensive per kilo due to it being imported from the US I guess.

5Kg Chemclean for £28
1.8Kg (4lb) PBW for £38

Bloody Americans, move into the 21st century and start using metric.

1oz per gallon , it’s not even a proper gallon 🤣

PBW will affect the skin too.

It’s not caustic so getting some on your skin is not dangerous, but you will end up with dry, chapped hands if you clean up without gloves.

Bog brush! Great idea!
I use Astonish oxi from BM Bargains...£2.99 for 3kg...as said also great for cleaning the washing machine,dishwasher etc.
That the one?

Attachments

• A35430E7-4AE5-4DBE-8DE8-789D6A5A7CA8.jpeg
    A35430E7-4AE5-4DBE-8DE8-789D6A5A7CA8.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back