Best Live Band You Have Seen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
markpeace said:
alanywiseman said:
Saw Sigurd Ros last night at Glasgow SECC. It was amazing!!!

If you like then just the littlest bit you MUST see them. They were faultless. The lighting, visuals and music were perfectly in time. If you have the chance to see them don't say no.
I'm off to see them at jodrell bank. Very exciting

How was it?

alanywiseman said:
markpeace said:
alanywiseman said:
Saw Sigurd Ros last night at Glasgow SECC. It was amazing!!!

If you like then just the littlest bit you MUST see them. They were faultless. The lighting, visuals and music were perfectly in time. If you have the chance to see them don't say no.
I'm off to see them at jodrell bank. Very exciting

How was it?
Not immediately, its in July. I'm just super excited!

Am a recent convert to Sigur Ros and really need to see them.
But my most memorable fav gigs are as follows.....
Edgar Broughton Band 1976 Cleethorpes Winter Gardens
Clash 1977 Sheffield Top Rank
Nico 1986 Northampton
Lou Reed 1989 Palladium
John Cale 2003 Manchester Academy
The Fall 2006 Barrow in Furness
Edgar Broughton 2011 my back garden! (as part of his fair days pay for a fair days work tour, pay him one day of your wages, travel costs and provide a bed for the night, well worth it and he chatted with everyone who wanted afterwards, really nice chap).

Good to here some one else whos heard of Edgar Broughton, saw him several times in the early 70s, does he still sing out demons out.

Bob Dylan in an all night folk club in London in the 60's called "Les Cousins" unfortunately long since demised. I was about 6 feet from him when he was on stage, intimate isn't quite the right word,
It was more cheek by jowel. :thumb:

Also (at a distance) - The Stones in Hyde Park - again in the 60's. :thumb: :thumb:

Last but not least Genesis in Maddison Sq Gardens, New York in the 70. I was in the Merch at the time.

dennisking said:
Good to here some one else whos heard of Edgar Broughton, saw him several times in the early 70s, does he still sing out demons out.

I think he does under normal circumstances, but not usually on the fair days pay ones, must admit I was hoping he would and that the 70 + folk in my garden would all be singing along with it at the top of their voices :mrgreen:

Wasn't to be, but he did provide a live recording of the gig which included EBB standards such as Evening Over Rooftops and Speak Down The Wires :cheers:

BIGJIM72 said:
Iron Maiden with Anthrax as support

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Iron Maiden with Anthrax in support - Ingleston
Iron Maiden - local small venues tour - Ayr Pavillion - tiny, tiny venue! :mrgreen: :drink: :drink:

Most disappointing - AC/DC - not very alive on stage, pretty poor stage presence...

The merchant navy leith ?

Yeah - (Radio/Electronics officer), 7 years until I met my missus in Mexico in 76 then it became necessary to settle down and get a real job, went into the oil industry in Aberdeen - whats real about that!!

And yourself??

Another band comes to mind who played regularly at Brunel Uni in the 60's and 70's was the Bonzo dog doo da band - absolutely incredible stage show for their day.

Guana Batz!!! From the klubfoot days (80's) till now!!!(cut the sh*t and start the pit)!!

The Jam, early 80's (yes I am that old) Afan Lido, Port Talbot.

Toss up between Ozzy Osbourne back in the 80's, Slayer around the time of Decade of Aggression, Motorhead on the "Bastards" tour, and the first time I saw Hayseed Dixie :D

James Brown at the Electric Proms, Oct 2008 at the Roundhouse, Camden.
Quite awesome, Zutons opened, sugarbabes were backing singers and James Brown at 72 put on the best show I've ever seen!!!!
Helped by the fact I was stood front and centre and had just enough to drink :D

My dad was in the merchant for about 40 years, lucky git has seen every country with a coast I think lol

I was very fortunate that in my teens my folks dragged me around a great many gigs.

So.... in order, probably.... (noticeably all in the 80s too)

Dire Straits - Live in '85 (I was 13!). Just as they hit the big time, I'd been listening to Alchemy Live to a not quite so well known band!
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Elton John - Royal Albert Hall

Most entertaining: Pet Shop Boys (not so much a gig, more a "theatre show")
Best Atmosphere: Robbie Williams or Oasis (both at Knebworth)
Most disappointing: Ultravox

My parents gave me a great upbringing - Billy Joel, Stevie Nicks, Steve Winwood, Joe Cocker, Joe Jackson, Supertramp and so on. I've tried to do the same (unsuccessfully) to my kids.

I had the pleasure of seeing Status Quo at Blackburn arena which is an ice skating rink so you can imagine what the acoustics were like in there :shock: :shock: :shock:

It was back in 1994 and it was the first (and only) live concert ever to be held there.

Some of my favourites so far would be, Dylan @ Stirling Castle, Elvis Costello in Edinburgh and the Arctic Monkeys in Central Park. Can't wait to see the Stone Roses this summer. Would love to see Neil Young live too.

p.s. Got to see the Stones about 10 years ago...unfortunately I was 17, had been drinking for 10 hours before the gig, got chucked out for storming the VIP circle after 2 songs, once outside tried to climb on the tour bus. Don't even remember what I saw. Biggest wasted opportunity of my live :oops:

Back