Best place for all ingredients?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJBrewTime

Reaction score
Think I am going to try the brewdog dead pony club but I can never seem to find a website that stocks all ingredients at the same time - Can anyone suggest a good online store or perhaps I should check on ebay?

I don't want a huge brew so I'm looking to half all of the recipe as it will be my first AG brew and might make a mess of it!

Is caramalt the same as cara amber?

For the hops can I get away with using hop pellets for during and dry hopping? Is there a difference?

DPC.PNG

Geterbrewed usually have a good selection and you can use their custom grain kit to get exactly the quantities of hops & grain you need.

I believe the Brewdog recipes are for pellets anyway, which I prefer, especially for dry hopping.

I used Carapils as a substitute for Caramalt in my Dead Pony Club order, which I haven't brewed yet, but also did the same for my 5AM Saint brew and that turned out great.

EDIT: Don't forget you can get a 5% discount at Geterbrewed if you look in the information & announcements section of this here forum

Geterbrewed usually have a good selection and you can use their custom grain kit to get exactly the quantities of hops & grain you need.

I believe the Brewdog recipes are for pellets anyway, which I prefer, especially for dry hopping.

I used Carapils as a substitute for Caramalt in my Dead Pony Club order, which I haven't brewed yet, but also did the same for my 5AM Saint brew and that turned out great.

EDIT: Don't forget you can get a 5% discount at Geterbrewed if you look in the information & announcements section of this here forum

I quite fancy giving this one a try!

http://www.geterbrewed.com/grainfather-jacked-up-apa-ingredient-kit/

Would I follow the instructions as best as I can that they have written for the Grainfather? I'm scared of messing up my first AG brew :(

I've emailed the guys at geterbrewed for some advice on substitutes for some malts and yeast that the dead pony recipe calls for, hopefully they'll get back to me :)

I've emailed the guys at geterbrewed for some advice on substitutes for some malts and yeast that the dead pony recipe calls for, hopefully they'll get back to me :)

GEB dont seem to respond to emails very well. But if you facebook message them they usually get back to you in under an hour.

Have a look a this malt substitute chart http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63119

WY1056 is the chico strain of yeast. Either US-05 or BRY-97 is the dried chico yeast and almost identical

Thanks chaps I'm going to do my 2nd kit for now and investigate my first AG brew in a couple of months time once I get some more equipment for it!

I am tempted at going to the brew-school in Bakewell for a day course to pick up some tips

Back