Best plastic fv bins.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2, the 1st one was from bigger jugs and I have managed to split the side slightly on my first attempt at getting it off😩.
The second was from brew2bottle and I had to fight get it on so god know what I’ll do to it when it’s time to take it off 🙈🙈

I have 2, the 1st one was from bigger jugs and I have managed to split the side slightly on my first attempt at getting it off😩.
The second was from brew2bottle and I had to fight get it on so god know what I’ll do to it when it’s time to take it off 🙈🙈
Are you talking about the lid. I had to buy a barrel opener for mine. It's only a few pounds on eBay

Are you talking about the lid. I had to buy a barrel opener for mine. It's only a few pounds on eBay
Yes sorry, should of said. I’ll have a look thanks. Regarding the split one it doesn’t seem to make much difference, I’ve just put a little Vaseline on the crack

I have the Youngs bucket type fermenters. I don't use airlocks as they are too tall for my fridge. They seal too well for me, if I don't crack the lid they bulge out a lot. I used to like seeing the bubbles, but I can't see them in the fridge anyway. I now have a tilt hydrometer, so I can check that every 5 mins instead and look at a graph. It's almost as satisfying.

Coopers without a shadow of doubt. No airlock, no messing about with taps, no thin handles that make carrying a pain. I'm actually thinking of throwing out my others and getting another Coopers to use if I need to do a secondary.

Latest posts

Back