Better Brew Czech Pilsner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reburner

Reaction score
My wife chose this as she is not really a bitter drinker. Interesting kit which comes in a large plastic sachet (bit like a large Capri sun drinks container) with the yeast sachet attached to the bottom. The kit was £12 plus the cost of 1kg of dextrose and makes 23L.

Had an OG of around 1044 and is now sitting at 20C in a water bath and bubbling away nicely.

This batch is intended for coopers PET bottles.

Well this kit really did go as planned. The bag said bottle after 10 days at 1008. It hit that on day 8 and remained steady until day 10 so today it went into PET bottles. instructions said rounded teaspoon per 500ml bottle which sounds a lot of sugar but I followed instructions and batch primed it.

Time will tell how good it is but all looking good so far.

Mine's been in FV for a week now, it looks like it's through. If I can be bothered I'll test it tonight...

...got high hopes for it, people have raved about the lager and it just seems to have fermented "nicely"... you know, just sort of got on with it without any drama?

I went and bought (or rather sent my assistant head brewer [aka the missus] to buy) the IPA and a tin of light LME. She came back with that, another FV, an "on the rocks" pear cider kit for her, a wherry and some crown caps... I'm a lucky boy and I know it! :party:

Opened my first bottle of this last night and it was stonkingly good. Still a little yeasty and tastes a bit young (cos it is) but very refreshing and clean tasting. These kits look to be pretty good.

Latest posts

Back