BIAB Bag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops_and_Dreams

Landlord.
Reaction score
My shiny new 56ltr electric boiler arrived today. Unfortunately my current grain bag is too small to fit.

Can anyone recommend a bag to fit a 40cm dia pot please? I'd like to buy a ready made one if possible, rather than make one.

Thanks.

I'm sure the Malt Miller has one that does up to a 100L pot for about £6 quid. Can't recommend it though, as I don't have it, just seen it on my travels - looks/sounds good

I'm sure the Malt Miller has one that does up to a 100L pot for about £6 quid. Can't recommend it though, as I don't have it, just seen it on my travels - looks/sounds good

Top man, exactly what I need, will order one tomorrow. Thank you.

I use a custom voile bag made to measure my urn, but I don't think I'll bother next time. Instead, rather than cut up the material to add seams that trap grain husks and can fail, I'll just use the whole sheet of voile and lay it in and peg it to the sides. When I take it out I just gather up the sides, kind of like an old school money pouch.

Cheaper, simpler, less to go wrong....

I use a 2m x 2m sheet of the cheapest net curtain from dunelm. Cost about £6. Use a bungee cord round the boiler to hold it in place then just take up the sides when it comes to draining.

Latest posts

Back