Bikes and big balls.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh dear you see should see the disbeleif as my wife is watching your youtube link chippy - kind of
eyes rolling - don't even try that you jerk look ....

A question for the cyclists reading - Why does he switch bikes?

The second bike will have better suspension as he's making bigger jumps. typically 100mm travel on the front shocks for the first bike, but can be anything between 120-170 for the second. Also the second bike will be setup differently in order to suit the terrain and jumps he is doing.

In the 70's we stripped down our bikes and made "trackers"
Wide bars with no mudgaurds and just a back brake. Knobbly tires were added.
Edit
Or "skinners" if you had no tread left!

Last edited:
These are the things we used to ride. (not the second from the left)

studio_20170415_145548-png.347557

A question for the cyclists reading - Why does he switch bikes?

Because the number of bikes a cyclist needs is n+1 (where n is the number of bikes they have) :laugh8:

I used to have something like this.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=ana...MBHRwQD34Q9QEwAXoECAUQBA#imgrc=zuYuhybOAwTEqM:

but 0-15 was green 15-25 was amber and 25-40 was red. I was doing 40+ mph on my o'brian clubman 10? and overtook a datsun cherry and a bus full of kids who cheered me on! - I nearly didn't make the roundabout turn at the bottom. and no helmet of course in those days. It was a straight stretch of dual carriageway downhill into Swansea (Cwmbwrla if you're local). How i'm still alive i'll never know.

Oh man! Chippy! You've made my day with that pic mate. Those cowhorns..
Could be us at the local bonks, Stockport 1973.
Lad #2 looks cool! Good for him.

I could never have done this on my 10 speed racer with cow horn handlebars (do you remember those) when i was a nipper.

Brilliant video.

Cracking video @Chippy_Tea; I love mountain biking.

The lad in that is Brandon Semenuk and the segment was taken from the mtb film unReal which is also on Youtube. Well worth a watch!

Latest posts

Back