Bill Baily

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wins strictly (I never watch) and goes down hugely in my estimation, strictly (and the kind of celebs that go on it) is the kind of show he would take the **** out of in his show I was shocked to hear he was on it

How can you get away without paying for TV licence. If I had the option I would not pay it. Sorry for going of topic

£154.50 per year to keep my wife and daughter quiet is a snip!

I am in the same boat, £3 per week isn't a huge amount and although i don't watch a huge amount of live TV the wife does so as Mark says its worth every penny.

How can you get away without paying for TV licence. If I had the option I would not pay it.
I think the whole point is that we don't have a TV license because we don't watch TV. And would be why we don't know about Bill Bailey or whatever Stricktly is.
Ok, I do do know who Bill Bailey is, he's the shop keeper in Spaced. I have the DVD.

The BBC is a joke

Still showing Dad's Army at prime time on a Saturday

Two Ronnies tonight - not forgetting Fanny Craddock - she was a TV chef years ago before any smutty remarks are made

Both comedies were excellent but what are we paying for?

I wouldn't mind if they tried to produce different programmes than the other channels but no it's the same garbage as you see on any of the other channels

I think the whole point is that we don't have a TV license because we don't watch TV. And would be why we don't know about Bill Bailey or whatever Stricktly is.
Ok, I do do know who Bill Bailey is, he's the shop keeper in Spaced. I have the DVD.
But has he come home yet?

I wouldn't mind if they tried to produce different programmes than the other channels but no it's the same garbage as you see on any of the other channels

I am not going to argue about content we watch BBC most of the time so for us they have stuff worth watching.

I would gladly carry on paying the licence fee if it means we don't have to sit through those dreadful adverts.

Wins strictly (I never watch) and goes down hugely in my estimation, strictly (and the kind of celebs that go on it) is the kind of show he would take the **** out of in his show

You can still take the mickey out of things you like?

AIUI he only did it this year because he "had the time to do it because COVID had stopped him touring" - which can be translated as "COVID screwed my main source of income and the mortgage needed paying".

Fair play to him - he did what needed to be done. I wouldn't think any more or less of him because of that, far worse if his family were going without because he was too proud to take an opportunity to make a few quid.

Wins strictly (I never watch) and goes down hugely in my estimation, strictly (and the kind of celebs that go on it) is the kind of show he would take the **** out of in his show I was shocked to hear he was on it
Thought he had abit more about him, I guess the gig scene for comedy/musical artist has dried up. Still I remember when he used to jam metallica on his acoustic. 🤟

Last edited:
Still, Bill Bailey dancing around a studio to earn a few quid is not as bad as Sir Mo Farah eating sheep’s boll*cks

I have never watched strictly even the name irritates (didn't it used to be called strictly come dancing) i haven't watched I'm a celebrity get me out of here for years as the initial shock of watching a bloke eat another animals dick soon wore off but when it comes to strictly (sic) I would rather watch SMF eating ******** in a castle in the UK every time.

Latest posts

Back