blackberry and orange wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percival

Regular.
Reaction score
After picking the blackberry bramble of all reachable berries i had enough to do a gallon of wine and also some left overs. some of these went into meringues and cheesecakes (very nice they were too) but there was still some left. Rummaging about in cupboards i found a carton of organic OJ. SO i mixed the lot together, threw in some yeast, sugar, nutrient, enzyme and set it going (1/2 gallon). I just bottled it today so, as is tradition, i'm drinking a bottle now.

its great, tho it could be stronger. my taste buds and nose say around 10%. the colour of rose and a taste very like rose too. crystal clear again. i wish i kept some proper record of how much sugar i added now cos i'd love to repeat this, but it was very much a 'throw it all together in a hurry brew' so i'm dead chuffed with the result. next year i'll do it properly with gravity readings etc. All i can tell you now is that it was 50/50 orange and blackberry, and the flavours go very well together when brewed as a blend.

good luck with return to wines and the funky carrot juice.

re this blend its very nice, with a little more care than my very casual approach you'll end up with something too strong for a kids birthday party too! a detail i forgot was that i used a white wine yeast, dunno what it was tho, so probably not a great deal of help, lol

Back