Blueberry Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy_hardy5

Reaction score
Hi, just racked this into a DJ as it seemed to have finished ferment a couple of days ago. Its gone from 1046 to 1000 if my readings are correct, which is about right for my taste. I've added a CT and vinclear to the DJ. I'm thinking it will clear in 3-4 days or so and then I can bottle it.

I want to carbonate it so will be adding 1/2 tsp per 500ml. I just wondered whether I should have added stabilser as well or would this counteract the carbonisation?

Thanks in advance

stabilser is used to kill any remaining yeasr. Don't use it if you want to carbonate your bottles.

My Blueberry cider was very nice, made with fresh blueberrys. Hope it turns out as well as mine did... wish I'd made a lot more of it.

Thanks, Duncs

It was your recipe that I followed :thumb:

Only change I made, mainly because I forgot, was to top up with cider after a week before I added the CT. Still it looks as if it will be around 6.1% and ready for Christmas :D

Just bottled this up and reserved a sample for tonight

Very tasty but no taste of the blueberries unfortunately, not too bother though as tastes scrummy :cheers:

Give it time, the blueberry flavour does come out after a few months, my last bottle was the best one :cheers:

Back