Born again brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wezzel

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I started brewing back in the mid 80's with varied success - mostly extract brews using a boiler made from a converted Boots FV.

Last year I was sorting through the loft and found all my old kit. All the perishables were out of date by about 20 years and I was amused to find the price labels still on some of the boxes, such as the Boots hydrometer I bought for 26p!

I was going to chuck the lot away and then thought I would have a quick look on t'internet and see how things have moved on since the days of Tenpole Tudor and Duran Duran!

Wow, a couple of hours spent on the forums and my mind was made up. I was going to re-start my hobby. I found a useful website from JohnR (Google johnr's homebrew), dived straight into AG and made some very nice beer. Since then I have made half a dozen batches (including a nice Badger Golden Glory clone).

I have bought a couple more kegs (KK bottom taps) to add to my old Hambleton Bard one, a new igloo mash tun and, as of last week a shiney new Buffalo 40l boiler from Nisbet's Ebay site.

I'm sure I will be a regular visitor here and will become a better brewer for it :thumb:

Thanks for the warm welcolme Chaps.

I'm off on holiday in about a weeks time and then when I get back it's brew time!

I've got three empty kegs to fill. Thinking about a London Pride clone first of all followed by a Hoegaarden clone, split into two batches with fruit in one. The latter should keep the wife happy :D

Back