Bottle conditioning and chilling questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battleaxe

Reaction score
So I've bottled 3 batches in the last 6 weeks and I have always followed the same scenario:

I batch prime, bottle and leave them in the kitchen or somewhere that is heated to carb up at around 21C for two or three days or until SWMBO asks me to move them... Somewhere she can't see them.

Then I either put them in the loft at this time of year or the porch both sit at around 10C possibly less depending on the weather.

Should I keep my bottles warmer for longer? Will this help conditioning?

Cool! Yeah I go 2 weeks primary so it makes sense!

Carbing is helped drastically in my experiences by low temps it makes the head more compact (Smaller bubbles) smoother beer when drinking!

I will be dragging my bottles into warmer climates!

Unfortunately cooler places will be scarce in a few weeks i must get my Brew fridge finished!

I find you can read a lot about brewing, you can search forums read books and use your own judgement but there are times when you ask a question and the answer is one that Everyone already knows and swears by... 2+2+2 what happens next is it back into the warm again?

Hi fellow beer dwellers,

Will it do any harm leaving my beers to condition for 3 weeks in a 20-25C climate? after the second week I found the head was a bit weak, gave the boxes theyre in a lil rock too.

Cheers!

I wouldn't rock the box, the sediment will get whipped up into the beer again you want this to settle of and for a firm layer in the bottle.

If you have little carbing after 2 weeks its possible your priming hasn't been as successfull as hoped. you might have some bottles under carbed and others overcarbed.

did you batch prime?

I find you can read a lot about brewing, you can search forums read books and use your own judgement but there are times when you ask a question and the answer is one that Everyone already knows and swears by... 2+2+2 what happens next is it back into the warm again?

That is entirely down to you and what you want to do with your beer. Keep it for a few months? Drink straight away? (and if so, do you like your beer chilled, at cellar temp, room temp etc?).

yes I did, I used a beer calculator online. Too be fair ive heard stouts sometimes take a bit longer so hopefully by sat theyl be ready.
ill definitely leave the bottles alone next time. Theyre now in room temp but will put some in the fridge before trying them out.
Thanks for the advise

Latest posts

Back