Bottling the bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyD

Reaction score
Got up this morning knowing I needed to do my first ever bottling and suddenly became a nervous wreck! It's really uncharacteristic for me but it took about five hours of mulling things over to finally get it done.

Good news is that it seemed to go ok and the small taste I had suggested it might actually end up as beer but we'll see in a fortnit.

Think I need a drink now to calm myself down. :whistle:

For posterity's sake here's a photo of my first ever AG brew and first ever bottled effort (used to have a pressure barrel when I was younger).

ALE_SCALED.jpg

I have some to do today, i was going to start an hour ago and i am still sat here putting it off.

Got up this morning knowing I needed to do my first ever bottling and suddenly became a nervous wreck! It's really uncharacteristic for me but it took about five hours of mulling things over to finally get it done.

Good news is that it seemed to go ok and the small taste I had suggested it might actually end up as beer but we'll see in a fortnit.

Think I need a drink now to calm myself down. :whistle:

For posterity's sake here's a photo of my first ever AG brew and first ever bottled effort (used to have a pressure barrel when I was younger).

I expect your enthusiasm for labelling will wear off pretty damn quick.:lol:
Otherwise 40 bottles just takes me an hour and a half, so not too bad.

The labelling will be dependent on the kid's enthusiasm for "getting involved", my guess is batch#4 onwards might end up in plain bottles!

My labels are off a roll. I've a Dymo label printer in my office that I use to do them. About 15 minutes to "design" something (pick fonts basically) then about 10 seconds to print them out. Clag them on from the roll (a few minutes for the 18 or so bottles I get) Bob's yer uncle, fannys a rude word.

Latest posts

Back