Brew builder mini FV

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Hopsteep

Flat out like a lizard drinking
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His stuff is really well made. I don’t own one so can’t comment but just bare in mind that with a 24L capacity you could only ferment a max of about 20L to allow space for the Krausen. acheers.

Henders

Reaction score
Aha! I was looking at this last night. I'm trying to dissuade myself from getting that along with a bit of that soil warming cable so I can ferment indoors (I went too small with my chest freezer chamber boo).

cheeseyfeet

Regular.
Reaction score
My boil pot for my 3V setup is from him , excellent quality.

The size is what's holding me back, I ferment about 21/22l to get a good corny's worth. The krausen never seems to climb that high in my cheapo platic bucket though.

hedgerowpete

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at these too over christmas, as a newbie with loads of ignorance i was thinking that as i need 19l for a corney that this was the right size to buy? or do you normally do double corneys at a time?

cheeseyfeet

Regular.
Reaction score
I do a single cornie at a time but in a 30l plastic bucket so that I have lots of headspace if I have a vigorous fermentation.

I'm just about to transfer into my new brewbuilder mini FV as we speak however! 5 mins left on the boil of a nice simple pale ale.

Latest posts