Brew Shed Water Supply

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNVET

Reaction score
The wife has gotten a bit fed up with loosing the use of the kitchen and as I have the cash I'm looking at a Brew Shed before said cash disappears into the daughters Uni Fund.
The main problem I can see is water supply. The shed will be 20 yards away from the rear of the house. I have an outside tap and hose which is not a problem for boiled water but what about cold. I am presuming bog standard hose pipe is not food standard plus any water left in the hose for any period is not going to be particularly healthy.
So what have others done to supply cold water?
Cheers

If you are a bit of a diyer, i would recommend you use hep2 pipe, and the insulate it under ground, t joint from your garden tap, are you going to run electric into your brew shed?, if your worried about pressure, then you could run a small pump before the flow enters the shed? and box and insulate up aswell, would love to have a brew shed but my garage is fine at the moment.

Hope this helps, good luck and let us know how you get on, and maybe post some up date pics on here aswell.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If you are a bit of a diyer, i would recommend you use hep2 pipe, and the insulate it under ground, t joint from your garden tap, are you going to run electric into your brew shed?, if your worried about pressure, then you could run a small pump before the flow enters the shed? and box and insulate up aswell, would love to have a brew shed but my garage is fine at the moment.

Hope this helps, good luck and let us know how you get on, and maybe post some up date pics on here aswell.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cheers wizard
I was very surprised at how reasonably priced the stuff is. I think that's the way I'll be going. :cheers:

I burried 25 mm hot and a 25 mm cold mdpe supplies in the ground along with an armoured cable for the electric. It saves hours on brew days to rum hot water into the hlt.
The pipes are only a couple of feet deep an dont freeze below ground but I hsve insulated everything above ground so that I can brew all year

Back