Brew weekend

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike-os

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well today was supposed to be a brewday but ended up having open wallet surgery at Ikea......

plan for the weekend:
tomorrow Clibits Half Hearted ale.... just loving it too much to run out :mrgreen:

sunday hopefully a Black sabbath, if the mauribrew arrives, i might just do it with US05 if not as it is great with that.

monday... if i can maybe an english IPA..

:whistle:

i can do stuff round the house in between :doh:

off to a bad start.... sent the wrong malt, no munich 2

so phoned 2 local shops, one went to check and said yes, asked her to confirm as i was making a special trip, 45 minutes away (joy of living in the back of beyond) wwn i got there not in stock, phoned head office " we dont stock that".. went ballistic oddly enough

so brewed a black sabbath and will use US 05 on it... stil not a happy camper though

i didn't Myqul, i will get some later.. fortunately when i picked up a big order last week i got enough speciality malts and hops for 3-4 different brews, i just really wanted to do another half hearted as it is not going to last long... im on my 3rd today now:lol: might have to order enough for 2 :grin:

well pleased with todays brew... ended up with 25l @1058 ( well 23 at 1.065 but diluted down:thumb:) ) and had 2l of wort i could not boil (3rd runnings at 1.018... so better than 75% efficiency

next time i need to boil for an extra 20 mins before adding hops to reduce volume, should be 23l at about 1.070 -1.072 then, so i can do a 5l with another yeast :doh: yes i know... hopeless cause, the force is too strong :lol:

the results have actually cheered me up, i was in a right bad mood all afternoon because of the mess up and mess around earlier, i was in the shed at 8 to get started but did not get a mash on till well after lunch

Well today i made another greg hughes English IPA to replace the one i had contaminated....

so this week i have managed 3 brews :lol: (i did an Urquell last sunday) should keep me going for a bit at about 120 pints :)

Well today i made another greg hughes English IPA to replace the one i had contaminated....

so this week i have managed 3 brews :lol: (i did an Urquell last sunday) should keep me going for a bit at about 120 pints :)

I had that on my list to do but used the malt on another brew. Let me know how it tastes

Latest posts

Back