Brewday Sun 26 : Harvest Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm all weighed out ready for a brewday tomorrow - will be brewing one of my old favourites, Harvest Gold..

Brewlength : 40L
66c mash
Target OG 1.044
Target IBU 30

Pale 95%
Crystal (120) 5%

Cascade Full Boil to 20 IBU

Cascade Last 15 to 5 IBU
Bobek Last 15 to 5 IBU

20g Cascade Steeped for 20 mins
20g Bobek Steeped for 20 mins

Pray for me V

..me and the Therminator

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Brewing myself tomorrow, a ridleys rumpus clone using whitelabs essex yeast supposed to be ridleys yeast

Have a good one DK - when you brewing, i'm hoping for a 6am start :| (we will see)

:lol:

I've cut it down - normally go with 60L but I need to spare a FV for Turbop Ciiiiiuuurrrrrder

Wez said:
I've cut it down - normally go with 60L but I need to spare a FV for Turbop Ciiiiiuuurrrrrder

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:thumb:

Cheers Andbrew.

Most of us started with 23L brewlengths :thumb:

It's not the size it's the quality....

It's not the size of the worm, it's how you wiggle it.....

It's not the size of the ship it's the motion of the Ocean....

(my mates say)

I agree with DS ... larger batches have a big downside

Lots of the same type of beer
Longer periods between brews

I have my smaller system still so will hopefully get to use it again soon for on offs

You should change your sig to......... wait for it...........no wait..........can you feel the suspense?........"I'll be back!" sorry i'll get me coat :oops:
Have a good day Wez :thumb:

Don't get me wrong guys i'm loving my brewdays. Might do another tommorrow. I'd love a recipe for Hook Nortons Old Hooky. I had a trip around the Hook Norton brewery last month well worth a visit! On payday i'll buy Graham Wheelers new book as i believe, from a previous post on the BHBF its in there. :cheers:

I managed to get an early start so I have 60L just coming up to the boil now :D

You started early Wez alright, nice to have it coming to boil now. With all that cascade it has to be good :)

:shock: that is an early start :shock: you obviously didn't drink enough last night :lol: :lol: Let us know how Arnie works for ya :thumb:

Back