Brewday Sun 26 : Harvest Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done & dusted by 11.30am :thumb:

43L 1.044 into fermentors, pitched one onto a S04 yeast cake and 1 onto a Windsor yeast cake (brave or what :lol: )

No pics at all today i'm afraid, needed to concenrtare on what I was doing.

The Plate Chiller worked well, I added the flame out hops and left them for 20 mins then ran the hot wort through the chiller and got it out the other end at 20.5c :cool:

There is masses of cold break in the FV's. I just stuck with adding the hops loose to the boiler and recircing the first runnings from the boiler back in to try to catch any hop debris (there wasn't much) - gave the plate chiller a good backflush afterwards and also soaked in Soda Crystals - just about to rinse it and leave it to dry.

Will try & get a pic of the cold break in a while :thumb:

Roast Dinner, a few beers and a sleep...

EDIT - Screwy would you mind posting your method of using a hop sock & whirlpooling on this thread, I would like to try that next time.

I am worried about blockages so will probably change how I do it next time....

I was kinda impatient this time and wanted to give it a whirl ;)

The yeasties are very happy :cool: This is the Windsor yeast cake - will take a gravity reading tomorrow. The S04 is also going nuts, just not as nuts as the Windsor.

IMG_0087.jpg

Down to 1.016 in a day....

:hmm: I could be drinking this by Friday :lol:

Not unless you filter it :(
In my experience it takes for ever for Windsor to clear naturally :(

:grin: was just kiddin, it'll be ready to keg by Fri but will sit for 10 days :thumb:

Back