Brewferm Ambiorix

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few friends around tonight and enjoyed this after 8 months and it was epic. We are all home brewers but it ended up on a Brewferm quest through my beer cupboard. :drink:

I now have a lot of space for new beers. Not so sure that this is a good thing....

There are not many reviews for Brewferm's Ambiorix, surprised as it a really good drink. Different to the other Brewferm kits, it's only 6.5% and its a 15 litres one can kit. Just trying mine after 2 months in the bottle, it's clear, very good carbonation, with a fruity, slightly sour/bitter taste. As a Brewferm fan can't believe I haven't tried this sooner. I brewed mine with brown candi sugar. Well worth a go!

I have currently got this on the go. I want to ask if anybody who has brewed this went through a lightning fermentation? Everything seemed to be over after 1.5 days. I've syphoned it into another container but no further action. I took a taste and it certainly tastes like it's ready for bottling. Any advice welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have currently got this on the go. I want to ask if anybody who has brewed this went through a lightning fermentation? Everything seemed to be over after 1.5 days. I've syphoned it into another container but no further action. I took a taste and it certainly tastes like it's ready for bottling. Any advice welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some strains of yeast ferment faster than others but what generally determines a fast fermentation is warm fermentation and a big pitch of yeast. I'm guessing you used the yeast in the kit, so what temp did you pitch it at/ferment at?

Have this on the go. And to be fair sees to be done after 3 days. But leaving this in there for at least two weeks. Can't believe it is anywhere near done

Bottled this tonight, came out at 6.3%. Have a few pet bottles lined up for the coming months, but a good 20 swing tops to hide away under the house until after Christmas.:grin:

Same here, fermentation was very rapid for the first 4 days @22 degrees C and then it almost stopped. I gave it another week in primary and 10 days in secondary before bottling.
It's was clear and very tasty. I can't wait to give this a try in a few months time.

Had a half full pet bottle, to say it is rock hard would be an understatement... Would be rude not to sample it :thumb:

Latest posts

Back