Brewferm Oranje Bock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyjay84

Reaction score
Bought this kit a while back as I love the sound of the brewferm range.

Brewed it up just now. Waiting for it to cool a little before pitching. While I wait, am rehydrating yeast. Will do a hydrometer reading in a bit and post back.

Cant wait for this to be drinkable! Also put my new bargain '50% off' fv to use and got it running for the first time. Couldn't find any Vaseline for the o ring so used silicone grease from the o ring for my underwater camera.

OG 1.056

First time I've rehydrated yeast before pitching. Hopefully all will be good.

Time to relax with a pint of Coopers Australian Lager :thumb: :drink:

11 days in - just took a reading 1.015

Looks dark and chocolatey. Taste from test jar, syrupy chocolate coffee. Yum.
Will eave another few days before syphoning off into secondary fv. May bottle end of week after total 15 days. Reading dependant of course :thumb:

Here are some pics.

IMG_0463_zps94bdff0c.jpg

IMG_0462_zps24d2615d.jpg

IMG_0461_zpsf42d6d23.jpg

Just purchased this one myself old boy!
I have made a wise choice by the sounds of it. How long are you going to leave it to mature? Did you use candi sugar? :hat:

Having one of these now, with home made candi sugar and if I am honest I would brew with just normal sugar. I got this to 1.010 and there is too much residual sweetness for me

Tasty brew though :thumb:

Monte Cristo said:
I have made a wise choice by the sounds of it. How long are you going to leave it to mature? Did you use candi sugar? :hat:

Nope. I only had muntons brew enhancer when i decided to start this. Next up will be either the abdij or wilkos golden stag. So if the abdij, will likely use medium DME. Although may dash a smidgeon of golden syrup in. Not sure just yet. Looking at the brewferm range at the moment for something leffe'esque. Might double up if i find something and brew up to 20litres.

If the bock comes through, it will truly be a mighty drop. :drink:

mikeyjay84 said:
Monte Cristo said:

Nope. I only had muntons brew enhancer when i decided to start this. Next up will be either the abdij or wilkos golden stag. So if the abdij, will likely use medium DME. Although may dash a smidgeon of golden syrup in. Not sure just yet. Looking at the brewferm range at the moment for something leffe'esque. Might double up if i find something and brew up to 20litres.

If the bock comes through, it will truly be a mighty drop. :drink:

The triple will probably be closest to leffe, you could brew with honey and make leffe nectar?

I bought another Brewferm Tarwebier that i am going to dry hop with cascade to see what happens, i am also chasing the leffe esque taste! :hat:

Monte Cristo said:
I bought another Brewferm Tarwebier that i am going to dry hop with cascade to see what happens, i am also chasing the leffe esque taste! :hat:

we must compare notes one day. maybe a bottle swap further down the line?

Bottled this on thursday (4/07). I wanted to aim for lager fizz so did 1tsp granulated sugar for 300-350ml bottles and 2tsp for 500ml.

In hindsight, might have over done it...? :wha:

Just tried this after 5 weeks in bottles. Have kept these in the kitchen cupboard through the recent heat wave. put one in the fridge this morning and cracked it just now. Pours with a thick head. Good amount of fizz. nice hints of coffee and caramel. Another cracker from brewferm :clap:

Latest posts

Back