Brewferm Tarwebier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broadfordbrewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just purchased my next kit. After much deliberation and with some apprehension re: moving away from kits, I've gone for the Brewferm Tarwebier (Wheat Beer. It'll be my 4th kit, so I reckon no more than 10 kits target before I move on to some extract brewing For anyone else reading this and thinking of doing this kit, I looked for the cheapest price and think i managed to get a good deal via http://www.thethriftyshopper.co.uk ..... £9.78 for the kit and £2.99 delivery (£12.77). Most places are charging quite a bit more. P.s. I have no affiliation with this site..

Looking forward to having a crack at this 15L kit and from what I've read from others who have done this, I'm going to just use sugar rather than using malt. Anyone got any other tips or learning points from this particular kit?

Cheers.

*This might seem a strange question, but how long will this type of beer keep in a bottle? (for future reference, as I will definately be drinking this brew when its ready). If it's any good then I'll be brewing some in advance for next summer.

Looks good bishopsfinger. Although I absolutely advocate AG I would never rush anyone into it so enjoy the kits.

Your question about the wheat beer is an interesting one. The general rule I have used for wheat beer is to drink it young. As much of the flavour profile comes from the yeast you want it to be fresh. Phil's Hefe has been a popular brew on here and the general process is - ferments it, cornie it, force carbonate and then drink.

Latest posts

Back