Brewzilla V4 - Centre drain = ALL the Trub..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done 5 brews with the gen4 and really like it. The one issue though was that even with the bottom screen in, I got a blocked pump on the first brew. I have used a biab inside the malt pipe ever since.

I think the issue is that when it arrives, the bottom screen is very hard to get out and I think I ended up bending it. I tried to reshape again but is quite easy to get out now. Without the biab I get a large amount of hop and grain debris in the underside of the screen.

Other than that issue is great. I'm getting my process dialled in now, improving efficiency and even started using the automatic steps in the rapt controller. It's also easy to clean with the recirc arm.

I have done 5 brews with the gen4 and really like it. The one issue though was that even with the bottom screen in, I got a blocked pump on the first brew. I have used a biab inside the malt pipe ever since.

I think the issue is that when it arrives, the bottom screen is very hard to get out and I think I ended up bending it. I tried to reshape again but is quite easy to get out now. Without the biab I get a large amount of hop and grain debris in the underside of the screen.

Other than that issue is great. I'm getting my process dialled in now, improving efficiency and even started using the automatic steps in the rapt controller. It's also easy to clean with the recirc arm.
Sort of defeating the object having to put a bag inside the malt pipe. There shouldn't be any particles big enough to block the pump. Can you not make a silicone 'O' ring and use copper wire to attach it to the top of the bottom screen eliminating any gaps?
All these faults should be eliminated before the product is offered to the public.
As mentioned before the grain bed acts as a filter, lifting the gran bed attach a hose to a cam lock and vorlauf onto the grain bed this eliminates any grain or bits of grain husk from the boil. Any bits of white flour ends up with the hot break and left in the kettle after the boil

Last edited:
The issue is volume of hops. But you’re right, it’s a design flaw for sure. I’ve got work around a but they’re not 100% effective but good enough to not block the pump. Just to be clear mine is the v3.1 but this thread is about the v4 which, from the sounds of it, still has a problematic false bottom.

Latest posts

Back