Busy times from home brew shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_quick

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just checked few home brew suppliers and they all seem to be very busy, very often saying order will be delayed by one day.

Guessing lots of us isolation/social distancing or "working" from home. I will brew something very soon as keg is getting low on volume.

Apart from brew shops, micro breweries are excellent places to buy your grain and hops - so if you have one nearby, just call them and ask if you can buy from them. With pub closure lots of the might be struggling. 2 of my local one offering free local deliveries on bottled/can beers. I will ask the,m if they can deliver grain. Lets help them if we can.

I popped into my LHB shop and they said its the busiest they've seen for years. They were saying that people a pulling old kit from their lofts to start brewing again.

We are in uncertain time, and it could be like Mad Max.......

I didn’t really need much of an excuse but I’ve dusted off the credit card and ordered a load of grain and hops from Geterbrewed :hat:that’ll keep me occupied for several months

Yep I ordered from Brew UK last Tuesday and delivery not arrived yet. They have full complement of staff who are all working overtime to keep up with demand. My delivery dispatched on Friday but is now sat in Parcelforce depot and doesn't seem to have made the cut for today. Hope they are keeping those liquid yeasts nice and cold. I've been confined to barracks since the beginning of last week and I reckon I have got 1 more full day of work to do and then things are going to get quiet so it will be brewtime. I have been bottling up from kegs to free up some capacity for new brews and also will maybe crate up a selection and organise a virtual beer festival with my father in law (who is high risk) and my brother in law via the House Party video App.

I didn’t really need much of an excuse but I’ve dusted off the credit card and ordered a load of grain and hops from Geterbrewed :hat:that’ll keep me occupied for several months
I did exactly the same, and just to be sure, did the same with thehomebrewcompany. Got a kilo of Citra pellets from GEB at a very good price. All things considered, I didn't spend much more than I would have on a single order from local suppliers. Both arrived this morning.

I did exactly the same, and just to be sure, did the same with thehomebrewcompany. Got a kilo of Citra pellets from GEB at a very good price. All things considered, I didn't spend much more than I would have on a single order from local suppliers. Both arrived this morning.
If only my fiancé could understand that this large order was essential and in my view a stroke of genius... :confused.::coat:

Ordered my grain, hops and some LME on Saturday from Geterbrewed, was relieved to see it shipped this morning. Thankfully doesn’t seem at the moment much issue getting grain and hops, but I note a lot of the kits are out of stock.

If only my fiancé could understand that this large order was essential and in my view a stroke of genius... :confused.::coat:
I had to point out that the economy needs as much support as possible in these sorry times, and that with all the bars, cafés and restaurants closed, how else get we get much-needed cash back into circulation. Both orders were paid for in GBP which has slid to 1.07 from 1.20 euros over the last couple of weeks. Definitely a case of "use it or lose it". And with that, I rested my case.

Just checked few home brew suppliers and they all seem to be very busy, very often saying order will be delayed by one day.

Guessing lots of us isolation/social distancing or "working" from home. I will brew something very soon as keg is getting low on volume.

Apart from brew shops, micro breweries are excellent places to buy your grain and hops - so if you have one nearby, just call them and ask if you can buy from them. With pub closure lots of the might be struggling. 2 of my local one offering free local deliveries on bottled/can beers. I will ask the,m if they can deliver grain. Lets help them if we can.
I have contacted a local micro brewery that I have visited before. They have a large stock of grain and hops in, with no prospect of using it in the immediate future, so were only too happy to sell me some.

Ordered my grain, hops and some LME on Saturday from Geterbrewed, was relieved to see it shipped this morning. Thankfully doesn’t seem at the moment much issue getting grain and hops, but I note a lot of the kits are out of stock.
That is interesting re kits clearly flying off the shelves.

Brewing is clearly a favourite way of coping with self-immolation. There's going to come a point where we've brewed more beer than can be consumed and since we're in lockdown we can't share it either. Hoping that time is a long way off, though, and we've got through this virus thing before that happens. Wasn't there a beer advert ages ago that included the phrase, "it's what your right arms for!"?

Keep it clean you lot.

I popped into my LHB shop and they said its the busiest they've seen for years. They were saying that people a pulling old kit from their lofts to start brewing again.

We are in uncertain time, and it could be like Mad Max.......
This is literally the decision I made the other day. Not brewed in 2 yrs since I moved down to Devon and all my home brew gear never made it out the garage, when I saw that everyone was panic buying booze I thought "what better time to dust it all off and get back into it again?"...but it would appear many have thought the same (thought I'd reintroduce myself back into the game one step at a time) - I did manage to get a Cwtch Beer Kit ordered but it seems to be stuck in processing at Brew UK and everywhere else seem to have run out.....may have to ffwd my progress back to AG quicker than I thought...

I’ve spent several days reading through the ‘have a go at all grain’ thread and had put together an order only to find most places out of stock this morning. Geterbrewed has everything bar one of the hops I wanted and that lot should keep me busy over the next few weeks getting my first three grain brews done.

I'm confused on which business can stay open with the restrictions on people movement to non essential business...we've assumed my wife's shop will have to close for now as it's retail pet stuff and dog grooming.

Lovebrewing in Liverpool has closed both its shops due to demand/backlog and safety. I just put a £71 order into brew2bottle and paid the $5 for next day delivery but for the life of me i cannot get brewing sugar anywhere. So, it's gonna be cane sugar and hope for the best

Latest posts

Back