Can filling machine.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something you may find interesting from Keg Land

Hey guys. We are looking to manufacture a can filling machine that will fill can's automatically. So you would just load the can into the machine and press a button and it will fill to the desired level.

We are wondering if we connect this device to the internet or not via our RAPT portal. To connect it to the internet the additional electronics would cost about AUD$10 extra.

I don't think it's very valuable to have a can filler connected to the internet but it would keep track of your canning speed (cans per minute), number of fills, average fill time, it could even log the temperature of the beer during the filling process. It also means we might be able to release new firmware if we find ways to improve the operation of the machine.

So the question to you guys is would you rather:

1. Can filling machine without internet connectivity for $100
2. Can filling machine with internet connectivity for $110

A home made one.
1663496410775.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are you looking at marketing it to? It might not be much actual benefit to home brewers but might add a lot of value to small pro brewers … also as you said, the ability to do firmware updates etc is of use… for $10 I think it makes sense from a future proofing perspective. Plus blokes like gadgety things lol! You could even do an app!

Looks like their version of a Duofiller. Would be a nice bit of kit if you do go into canning and the duo filler is quite pricey so this might be a nice option for the home brewer at that price point.

Can't see any benefit of haivngin it connected thought. Somethings people seem to feel the need to connect anything and everything to the internet and I'm not sure there is always a benefit.

Was thinking when looking at the duo filler that its a shame they cant have the beer tube running inside the CO2 tube so you can autofill bottles too.

Not sure if this thing is still in development but in Andy's Four Priests YouTube vlogs last episode he highlighted a weakness in the duo filler design where the pinch valve eventually fatigues the beer line. To be fair might only affect someone like Andy who's effectively using it commercially, but seems to me would be better/more durable to have a proper solenoid operated valve instead of a pinch valve acting on some beer hose. Would certainly open up this product to those small producers/breweries who cant afford larger and significantly more expensive kit.

Not sure if this thing is still in development but in Andy's Four Priests YouTube vlogs last episode he highlighted a weakness in the duo filler design where the pinch valve eventually fatigues the beer line. To be fair might only affect someone like Andy who's effectively using it commercially, but seems to me would be better/more durable to have a proper solenoid operated valve instead of a pinch valve acting on some beer hose. Would certainly open up this product to those small producers/breweries who cant afford larger and significantly more expensive kit.
The KegLand version also uses a pinch valve.

Latest posts

Back