Can I short fill my 40 pint plastic keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwsmith1979

Reaction score
Was wondering if I could split a 40 pint kit in between my wilko barrel and bottles without any adverse effect I have a co2 injector so i could pressurise the barrel after filling if that helps. Not sure at all could do with some input. Cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes you can, I used to every brew. Just inject enought CO2 to expel all the air through the relief valve, I used to use 2 capsules for initial pressurising, you should then hear the air hissing out.

Yes you can, I used to every brew. Just inject enought CO2 to expel all the air through the relief valve, I used to use 2 capsules for initial pressurising, you should then hear the air hissing out.
Brilliant cheers for that mate thinking of doing some small 20 pint extract brews so that's exactly what I needed to know [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Literally just logged in to ask this question! Thanks for pre-empting me! :-)
I have a few BBQs coming up, and several 40 pint PBs of beer is a bit too much! So was hoping to do half and half PB and bottles.
Pretty sure I saw some 10 litre PBs somewhere, but they weren't much cheaper than 25 lite(economy of scales).

Latest posts

Back