Car insurance.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I tried the comparison site I normally use as mine is out at the end of the month, I was shocked to find it has gone up by £200, even the lowest quote with all the bells and whistles removed is still more than I paid last year, looks like I am going to have to see howuch they will lower it.

My car insurance last year was £850 the renewal for this year was a tad under £1300, called A Plan 020 8672 3375 they found another insurance company for £530. Might be worth a call.

Just had a quote for mine and it's about 35%+. Nothing has changed but another year's NCB. Paid my house insurance yester and it was almost double from last year. Times ain't great.

Not car, but my house insurance has just come up for renewal. Last year £334 but they are asking for £570 this year. No claims, no changes to circumstances 😡

Mine went up, said you need to match this or I’m leaving.

They did.

After 3 years Admiral had zero loyalty towards me until I called and challenged the renewal. I thought this dodgy practice was stoped? Obviously not.

Mine went up, said you need to match this or I’m leaving.

They did.

After 3 years Admiral had zero loyalty towards me until I called and challenged the renewal. I thought this dodgy practice was stoped? Obviously not.
I'm sure they can't price walk you with car insurance, I don't know about other insurance types.

The auto renewal is a crafty wheeze. It can be quite an effort to get it turned off.

What they often do now is charge a brokers fee. Which is discounted for the first year but not on subsequent years.

The other sharp practice is domestic appliance insurance to cover against breakdown.....

I took it out once about £230 for a £500 washer for 5 years. the washing machine (ariston) broke down in year 3 - So I was covered. takes a week for an engineer to come out and promptly said I don't have the part. took about a month to fix.

Thesedays I 'Notionally' put the cost of insurance to one side so I have a pot of money then when something fails I already have the money available and I can get a new replacement in a day or two with someone like AO. - I also don't buy cheap cr4p anymore. - Dishwasher (AEG) 10 years old, Washing machine (LG) 12 years old. I have saved so much by not buying insurance I get NEW for old without the attempts to repair first.

That's a good way of thinking. The 12 month warranty on high price electrical items etc is rubbish but trying to get them to respond is a nightmare. As for LG I wouldn't pi55 on them if they were on fire.

Latest posts

Back