Census 2021

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Religion: No religion because if I tick 'Other religion' and write Jedi I'm regarded as believing in all that supernatural **** which is counterproductive for someone who wants to keep faith out of politics and stop them from claiming special privileges.

I found it incredibly easy this year as my wife did it while asking me random questions that after 26 years she should know the answers to. Like ‘are you Christian or still Atheist?’ and ‘how many O levels have you got?’

I’ve got a part-time job as a Census Officer, so from tomorrow, I’ll be knocking on doors, trying to persuade those households that haven’t submitted yet to complete it.

Thanks for reminding me, jst done mine.

i do think the current gov.uk sites are very clear and good. I zapped through the census no prob, and I had to get a new driving licence recently, and that was equally clear. But I wonder how many will complete online. I was just chatting to my son on the phone, and he said, oh, it's easy,*everyone* will do it online., and I said, everyone you know, but what about the over 70s, over 80s?

We’re asked to persuade households to complete it online. We’ll suggest that they might see if friends or family can help them, if they struggle with IT.

If they’re unable to do this then we do have a supply of paper forms. The aim is to get a form completed and if that means a paper version, then that is better than no form.

I’ve got a part-time job as a Census Officer, so from tomorrow, I’ll be knocking on doors, trying to persuade those households that haven’t submitted yet to complete it.

I have just found out 4% of the UK population have no internet that is a lot of houses.

I must admit that I found it a bit intrusive,
I fully understand the reasoning for it, but do they really need to know exactly where we work, what we do whilst at work, who our employer is. etc...
Let alone all the sexual preference bits!!!
I suspect I'm in the minority - White, English, Married, Straight, (and Male...)

i didn't even know there was one until seeing this thread.
my finger really isn't on the pulse of anything current it appears.
EDIT
ah, it appears scotland's next census is in 2022. thought i'd just binned the letter without opening it.

I assume there is a phone number but I bet it's not easy to find if you have no internet. :laugh8:

I found it incredibly easy this year as my wife did it while asking me random questions that after 26 years she should know the answers to. Like ‘are you Christian or still Atheist?’ and ‘how many O levels have you got?’
Did the Mrs ask you "what do you actually do for work" like mine did?

I assume there is a phone number but I bet it's not easy to find if you have no internet. :laugh8:
D06438C6-DD3D-4667-90F8-5FB7E0D13602.jpeg

I know you’re only joking but it is pretty easy to find the number. Every household should have received the invite letter.

I ordered a large print paper form for my Mum a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't arrived.

There was a census in England sixty years ago, at which time my wife and I, plus a cat and Golden Retriever puppy, were living on a boat moored in the middle of the River Yealm, a few miles east of Plymouth where I worked. The man who rowed out to count us couldn’t decide whether we were nearer the Wembury or Newton Ferrers side of the river, so aptly added us to the country’s floating population!

IMG_1498.JPG

Our home, which had originally been a steam-driven Naval Admiral’s Barge, dressed overall for Regatta Day 1961. And not a Fibreglass boat in sight . . .

Back