Cerveza kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alikav

Regular.
Reaction score
I seems to have stopped fermenting and been reading 1008 for last couple of days. Wont be able to bottle this until Saturday or Sunday. That would mean 15 days in fermenter, will it be ok until then?

Last edited:
Ok ta. When i do come to bottle it im going to batch prime. Is ok to just use dissolved granulated sugar in cerveza, or should i use somthing other?

Thanks, just want it to turn out ok coz its for the missus and daughters. They think my other brews ( all pales) are awful!!! Wot do they know about beer anyway??!!

As I said in earlier post the fermentation seems to have stopped,i took another reading earlier and it has now dropped to 1004. There seems to be a lot of bubbles in the sample tube,almost fizzy! Is this normal?

As I said in earlier post the fermentation seems to have stopped,i took another reading earlier and it has now dropped to 1004. There seems to be a lot of bubbles in the sample tube,almost fizzy! Is this normal?

Yes, that is normal. It is just some of the CO2 released by the yeast during primary fermentation.

I'm drinking my way through a Cerveza at the moment. I primed 500ml bottles with 1/2tsp of table sugar and it's carbed up very nicely.

I have a Wilko Cerveza in the fermenter and it has been there for 14 days. I also noticed it was pretty fizzy when I drew some off.
It actually tasted ok straight outta there too.

SG should be stable (i.e.not still falling ) when you bottle. That said there won't be much further to go if current SG is 1.004.

I have a Wilko Cerveza in the fermenter and it has been there for 14 days. I also noticed it was pretty fizzy when I drew some off.
It actually tasted ok straight outta there too.

Did you ferment at room temperature or do Wilkos supply a lager yeast that needs lower temperatures?

Did you ferment at room temperature or do Wilkos supply a lager yeast that needs lower temperatures?

I fermented at room temperature. The instructions recommended 18-20 Celsius so I went for 19. Only thing I swapped out in the kit was 1kg of Cooper's Brew Enhancer instead of caster sugar.

I bottled a Coopers Mexican Cerveza @ 1.014 batch primed 7g per litre. It was a 23Lt kit but I reduced the volume to 17Lt, got a very nice 5.7% beer out of it. :drunk:

I bottled a Coopers Mexican Cerveza @ 1.014 batch primed 7g per litre. It was a 23Lt kit but I reduced the volume to 17Lt, got a very nice 5.7% beer out of it. :drunk:

I brewed mine 23L with 1kg Brew Enhancer and 60g of honey and it came out 5.8%. I've done the same with a Coopers Cerveza and they've both been very nic. I do add a hop tea as well just to beef up the flavour a bit.

Back